Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   K9 Biographies / Stories (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Natalie's Chris (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6)

jebsmom 08-02-2014 04:39 AM

Re: Natalie's Chris

What a wonderful life you gave Chris and he gave you. And you continue to help so many dogs and people in his honor. I will forever be grateful to you.
Glennys

Abby's Mom 08-03-2014 12:08 PM

Thinking of you Natalie. Your legacy for Chris has helped so many... thankful for all that you do and Chris will never be forgotten.

Barb

bgdavis 08-04-2014 05:18 AM

Remembering Chris and how you were able to meet his every need. It's amazing how time marches onward.

Miss you Chris and stories of you and 'hammies'. Say 'Hi' to my Crissy Ann too!

Hugs,
Bonnie and Angel Criss

k9diabetes 08-01-2015 02:21 PM

Wishing Mr. Christopher a lovely cool roll in the grass and a hammie with bacon. Miss you big guy... saw a dog today who reminded me of you.

Natalie

Abby's Mom 08-04-2015 12:19 PM

Thinking of you Natalie - 7 years. Where does the time go... but they never stray to far from the mind, and never the heart.

Barb

k9diabetes 08-02-2016 12:31 PM

Another year gone by... seems impossible that this forum could be eight years old and Chris gone eight years now.

We still talk about him all the time, if only to contrast Chris' tolerance of anything and everything in the world with Jack's somewhat less tolerant personality...

And Jack has now been to see Chris' wonderful cardiologist... bittersweet on multiple levels.

Since I've been volunteering at the shelter, we often talk about how lucky Chris was to make it out of a shelter given his severe congenital heart defect. My husband says that when he and his daughter went to look for a dog to adopt, the shelter worker tried to steer them in another direction but they had already seen Chris and wanted to meet him. He doesn't know if Chris was officially up for adoption or if they stumbled into the wrong area... Chris needed surgery a few months after he was adopted to survive. I hope the shelter would have performed it.

Fortunately, for Chris and for us, they met Chris, named him after the shelter worker who introduced them, and brought him home. And then gave him the lifesaving surgery he needed.

It would have been an incredible waste of a wonderful dog if he had not made it out of the shelter and we loved every minute we had with him.

Natalie

jesse girl 08-02-2016 05:51 PM

its funny to look back and see how everything unfolded that brought chris into the family

it was probably more of a gift for you guys even with all the other challenges but i am sure chris was extremely happy to find and go home with a caring family

bgdavis 08-04-2016 06:30 AM

I will always remember Chris and hold his memory in my heart. He's right there with my Criss and Dinks.

Hugs to you Nat.

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

k9diabetes 08-04-2016 10:09 PM

Same with me for Crissy....

bgdavis 08-15-2017 06:00 AM

Nat,

So sorry I let the anniversary of Chris's passing to slip by me. I will always remember your kindness and help and Chris's love of "sammies".

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann