Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to buy AlphaTrak II test strips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place to buy AlphaTrak II test strips?

Where have you found the best price on the AlphaTrak II test strips? I am in the US. I am nearly out of the ones that came with the kit and need to restock.

I had the vet compare it to their lab results yesterday and it was within 2% so I'm very happy with that! He is happy for me to do my own glucose curves at home.
    Linda & Lucy, 10+ years, spaniel cross, 50lb, diagnosed 6/26/13

Re: Best place to buy AlphaTrak II test strips?

I just found them at Amazon.com. I couldn't find them any cheaper and got them within a few days...before they even said I'd have them!
    Mel
    Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by Monsters Momma View Post
      I just found them at Amazon.com. I couldn't find them any cheaper and got them within a few days...before they even said I'd have them!
      Mel
      Thanks, yes that is the best price I have found so far too. They are expensive, but I guess will save a lot being able to do my own glucose curves. I got excited when I read about someone using the Freestyle Lite test strips with the AlphaTrak but I did a trial on mine using both strips each time and sometimes they gave very similar results and sometimes they were way off.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy10 View Post
        Thanks, yes that is the best price I have found so far too. They are expensive, but I guess will save a lot being able to do my own glucose curves. I got excited when I read about someone using the Freestyle Lite test strips with the AlphaTrak but I did a trial on mine using both strips each time and sometimes they gave very similar results and sometimes they were way off.
        Guess I better order another box of FreeStyle Lite strips and do some more comparisons. The last time I did the test, the FSL strip, coded 7, was just 1 off the AT2 strip coded 35 (code on the vial). Fun times ahead for Annie!

Craig
        Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by CraigM View Post
          Guess I better order another box of FreeStyle Lite strips and do some more comparisons. The last time I did the test, the FSL strip, coded 7, was just 1 off the AT2 strip coded 35 (code on the vial). Fun times ahead for Annie!

Craig
          I wonder if I forgot to change the code for the readings that were off? I bet I did! Looks like I have some more comparisons to do too. That would be great if the cheaper strips are reliable.

Comment

I might have to shop around a bit. I sort of gave up on the FSL test strips because they didn't seem to be that much cheaper than true AT2 strips. I figured for the small difference in price I'd stay with AT2 strips.

Craig
            Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

I might have to shop around a bit. I sort of gave up on the FSL test strips because they didn't seem to be that much cheaper than true AT2 strips. I figured for the small difference in price I'd stay with AT2 strips.

Craig
              Just ordered 50 of the new design FSL strips for $28. Testing / comparisons resume next week!

Craig

Comment

Wow, let us know how that goes, Craig! That is quite a savings.
                Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

I get them from american diabetes wholesale site. If you buy then in the 4 box you get 28% off the regular price.
                  Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

Wow Where did you find such a deal? I think I get 50 for $36 at AWD

Just ordered 50 of the new design FSL strips for $28. Testing / comparisons resume next week!

Craig
                    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

I did a search on Amazon and found several companies (OTC Discounts) that indicated they sold the new style FSL strips for around $25, plus shipping. This price was quite a bit lower than Bargain OTC http://www.bargainotc.com/FreeStyle-...0-ct_p_25.html where I had bought strips in the past, and a little lower than ADW http://www.americandiabeteswholesale...rce=SiteSearch. In hindsight, I should have purchased from ADW just because they were kind enough to discount the AlphaTrak2 meter.

A potential problem with where I ordered is that after i placed the order I noticed several online reviews said the company had substituted the older style test strip. I exchanged emails with OTC Discounts last night / this morning and they say they are shipping the new style: guess I'll know next week for sure.

Of course, I don't suggest anyone substitute FSL strips for AlphaTrak2 strips unless they do their own comparisons. Annie & I will report next week

Craig

Comment

I have been doing this for awhile now and always looking for the better deal
                        Thank You

Comment

What I don't understand is the difference in the color of the boxes white or yellow
                          both state Freestyle lite
                          any idea or am I missing something

Comment

The white box state "not for retail sale". I don't really know what this means, but the strips themselves seem to be the same as the yellow boxed strips. I think you find the same thing if you search for One Touch Ultra2 strips, some are labeled "not for retail sale". I just hope I'm not contributing to some type of fraud or theft by buying them

Craig
                            Last edited by CraigM; 07-13-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Ha! Thank you - bet you and Annie would look great in stripes

Comment

Working...
                              X