Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Annie & Craig - Getting too smart! (http://k9diabetes.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1637)

Shellie 04-26-2012 07:45 PM

Re: Annie - Getting too smart!

Good luck Craig and Annie! Waiting to hear how things go! :) Hugs!!!

Shellie 04-26-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eileen (Post 74031)
Shellie,
Mildred's cataract surgery back in 2005 was THE best thing I could have ever given her. She had absolutely no eye issues for the 7 years she lived with her newly implanted lens'.
The surgery and post op was a breeze for her.

Craig,
Sending good vibes your way for Annie.

Thanks Eileen....I'm still on the fence...most especially since he is doing so well right now. I think I'm going to wait to make any final decisions until he is fully blind if/when that happens. He seems to be adjusting so well that I wonder if he has even noticed it yet!

buddingartist 04-27-2012 06:06 AM

Craig, just catching up on Annie's thread.

Hope all goes well and will be looking for an update.

Good luck

Louise

CraigM 04-27-2012 11:35 AM

Just back from the eye vet. The good news is that her eye pressure was 6, and the vet was happy. Gave us a choice of continuing all the eye drops, or to think about laser surgery. I've set Annie up for the surgery on 5-16. Hey, it's only money and I still have room on my home equity line of credit:(!

It might just be my imagination, but her eye had looked less red the past several days: until we got to the vet clinic. When we got out of the car, it was as red as ever. She had her nose out the car window, wonder if it was some sort of wind burn?

Darn, I forgot to ask the vet about a marijuana card for the glaucoma!:D

jesse girl 04-27-2012 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigM (Post 74156)
Just back from the eye vet. The good news is that her eye pressure was 6, and the vet was happy. Gave us a choice of continuing all the eye drops, or to think about laser surgery. I've set Annie up for the surgery on 5-16. Hey, it's only money and I still have room on my home equity line of credit:(!

It might just be my imagination, but her eye had looked less red the past several days: until we got to the vet clinic. When we got out of the car, it was as red as ever. She had her nose out the car window, wonder if it was some sort of wind burn?

Darn, I forgot to ask the vet about a marijuana card for the glaucoma!:D

that's great news maybe they can get a card for jesse epilepsy heard great things for human epileptics

Patty 04-27-2012 11:54 AM

Good news Craig. Will be praying the surgery is a success! I'm curious (I know I asked Jj this too, forgive my memory) what does the laser surgery do for reducing the eye pressure? How does it work?

buddingartist 04-27-2012 12:15 PM

Great news Craig and I hope the surgery goes well.

Tks for the update

Louise

Judi 04-27-2012 12:35 PM

guess we can't blame the red eye on her marijuana use yet! I think it is great that the vet thinks surgery is an option. I hope Annie sails right through it!

Judi

jjefferjo 04-27-2012 01:49 PM

Hey Craig, it is only Money glad she is a candidate- Please keep us posted- Hopefulyy they can get her down to 2 drops p/day
Everything crossed.
Jj

CraigM 04-27-2012 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty (Post 74160)
Good news Craig. Will be praying the surgery is a success! I'm curious (I know I asked Jj this too, forgive my memory) what does the laser surgery do for reducing the eye pressure? How does it work?

Good question! Sounds like the laser is used to "drill" small hole(s) to allow the eye to drain.

http://www.glaucoma.org/treatment/laser-surgery.php

I understand this surgery may, or may not, return some sight. If it returns some sight - great! If it doesn't return any sight, it should still reduce the number of eye drops used and I'm hoping will pay for itself ($650-700 estimate) within a year.