View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 08:35 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: New member Snowball

the numbers you posted dont reflect what we see from nephropathy in dogs . also it doesnt come and go from what we have seen on the forum

You have a dog that is willing to eat and after consuming food cant move . so your theory is it is spiking sugar from food . the problem with that you have not posted any numbers that would reflect that and dogs food does not digest and produce blood sugar at that kind of speed . maybe if you fed sugar cookies that may happen

IT appears food is a trigger . a neurological problem is a problem from the brain and connecting nerves are not working properly and signals are not getting to the muscles . Now it appears the episode occurs during feeding . Many things can cause a dog to collapse from neurological , digestive and even heart problems .

I would recommend to feed snowball at the vet so they can monitor and see what is actually occurring at the time of collapse . they can check vitals and other things that are occurring . A video would be helpful for your own personal records but you would like to know whats going on with snowball internally

Now I feed jesse one meal a day and some of the reasons is digestive so her body is not always in digestive mode . She had pancreatitis and i did not want that to recur so we took this approach and worked . Now she gets a normal dose at mealtime and 50 % less in the morning with just a milk bone snack and has worked well for her . Now you could try something like this and see if it helps . You could also try a complete food change and see if that helps . I give jesse a homemade diet so that maybe the best way to go to limit ingredients and have control of adding or removing food but thats maybe as far as you could go on your own if you dont get any positive results