View Single Post
Old 08-12-2009, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Please just update us on how you are doing

Soaphie is doing pretty well. We had some high readings over the past few weeks so I've adjusted her insulin a bit. I'm hoping to be able to do a curve tomorrow. She still is a healthy weight. She has been having a "stand-off" with me lately (especially in the a.m.) - she wants something "additional" to her food....a SMALL bit of olive oil? Perhaps a shaving of parmesean cheese? Pathetic - but of course, I'll do anything to get her to eat....and she knows it! My husband wants me to get a stroller to put her in so she can run with me again....we'll see....pushing a 70 pound dog? hhhmmmm....

Sydney, non-diabetic, blew her coat last month. Man - what a mess that is. She barely has any hair left - just the outside fur. It's bizarre. She decided now that on some days she just prefers one meal vs. two. She seems to be aging faster than Soaphie and they are only 10 months apart in age. Everyone still asks if Soaphie's a puppy...

I'm recovering from Ironman Lake Placid and getting ready for Ironman Arizona in November.

Tami & Soaphie (and non-diabetic Syd)
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.