• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niki's story

Niki --Border Collie/Blue Heeler Mix

Diagnoised in 2002 at age 5
    She has been diabetic for 6+yrs now, she will be 12 this year

Insulin NPH 10 1/2 U 2 X day,

food is 3/4 choped brocolli or green beans, 1/2 c cooked ground turkey 1/3 C Orijen & 1/3 cup of Nutro Light

She needs a little food at 3hrs, at 3 hrs I give a Tablespoon of brocolli some Turkey or at times 2-3 Orijen Kibble

Weight is 44 lbs.

Niki went blind 2 yrs ago, and is doing great, you would not know she is blind, she can jump in the truck plays soccer now, and lets me know when she needs to eat something and comes to me for her shot. Our Diabetic Dogs are really something, they can accept things better than we humans and the love in return priceless !
    Last edited by eyelostit; 05-07-2009, 09:07 PM.
    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Re: Niki's story

Niki has a somewhat more detailed story about her and her mom's experiences with her diabetes on the main website: www.k9diabetes.com/stories.html.

Comment

Working...
    X