Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johanna's Killian....

Killian .... American Pit Bull....
    12 years old ....99 lbs ( of pure love! )
    Killian was dx with diabetes November 10,2006
    He also went into Ketoacidosis at that time....
    he was very sick and spent 5 nights in the emergency hospital ....
    For over a year we have been trying to regulate Killian....
    His bg numbers are always on the high side....
    This past New Years Eve ( 2007) 7 hrs away from 2008...He was sick again and dx with Pancreatitis....
    He again was in the emergency hospital for 5 days.......
    At home now I have changed his diet from Merrick cans.... to home cooked..
    We also went from 2 meals 12 hrs apart to three daily meals...
    He is still getting his insulin every 12 hrs ... 2 shots .... 31 units of Novelin N ( ReliOn).....
    His bg numbers have been better but at night he is still on the high side.....
    I have to tweak his diet better to suite his diabetes and Pancreatitis...
    Last edited by johanna; 03-19-2008, 09:16 AM.

Re: Johanna's Killian....

There's a great story about Killian and Johanna on the stories page of the website: www.k9diabetes.com/stories.html.

Killian is an American Pit Bull who was born on my bed along with his eight siblings. He was redder in color than the others and had a thin line around his neck that looked as if he were wearing a necklace. So his litter name became ?Rizzo the Brooklyn Boy.?

A wonderful couple adopted Rizzo and, over the year that followed, he grew into a beautiful boy. We arranged play dates and celebrated his birthday at my home with his siblings, Toby and Zoey, who we had kept, along with Cinnamon, his mommy.

Unfortunately, the couple who owned Rizzo broke up and life as he knew it changed. It was then that we realized Rizzo was being kept in a basement with dirty water and no food. We brought him home, renamed him Killian and began working at creating a happy and full life for him...

Comment

Pictures of Johanna's K9s

The bunch... left to right... Killian, LuLu, Zoey

Zoey...

Newest Addition LuLu

Comment

Re: Johanna's Killian....

Johanna - your couch looks so small with those 3 horses on it!

I can't imagine feeding them! And you're home-cooking too! Yee gads, I gotta go lay down! Makes me exhausted just to THINK about that job! Jody

Comment

Working...
        X