Getting our fill of dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting our fill of dogs

Yesterday as I was driving I saw this little gal wandering around near the street. Picked her up and had to take her with me to pick up Tim for an appt. before I could look for her home. No collar/tags.

She had hair matted under her eyes. So I took her home and cleaned her eyes up best I could...she really needed a bath too after wandering around!

I rang a few doorbells with no luck and finally took her up to the housing office. They were able to figure out where she was from, though the family wasn't home. A gal there said if they weren't able to pick her up before the office closed she would take her home for the night. She was a sweet girl.

Since then we've run into 3 other dogs at various places - a shy german shorthair that moved away when you tried to pet her if she was standing but would hop right into a chair with you if you were sitting where she wanted to be . Then a dog that reminded me a bit of Decker in appearance. Very sweet - leaned into me and sat on my foot while I petted her. And another little black viszla type dog that was so excited. 2 y/o full of energy, jumping with joy as you tried to pet her!

Got my fill of dog love the last couple of days!
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Re: Getting our full of dogs

dogs know who to go to! So glad you got your dog fix!

Those Viszlas are beautiful aren't they?
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Re: Getting our fill of dogs

Ali's got her paw in this I'm sure amazing how you're in the right place at the right time isn't it??!!

Sandy

Comment

they do find you patty they do know dog people you can not help to enjoy them every moment you can
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

If I were roaming as a dog.... I would find my way to Patty.... I may not be the sharpest tack in box.... But certainly know an angel when I see one.
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

LOL, as my husband was walking out that day (we are sharing a vehicle while his is worked on), he told another guy that I was picking him up and had a dog in the car. He said to Tim, "I told you...one day you will go home and find your wife has brought home a dog!" Funny , but still not ready yet...it will be a joint decision for sure.
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Sounds like you've had some great dog visits.

What a cute little girl that dog was. Glad you were able to clear her eyes some and get her to safety. Bet she loved riding around with you.

I smiled at your Decker like dog description. Decker did like to lean, however, when it came to feet he often preferred to sneak up from behind you, grab a foot and try to run off with it .

When your heart is ready and the time is right I have no doubt Ali will be right by your and Tim's side helping you both pick out a pup to call your own. And that pup will be one lucky pup!

Until then I hope you continue to get to meet, pet and even share a chair with many other pups.
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Such nice random acts of kindness!! Good work, Patty! Sure does make a difference in each of their lives.

Comment

Those are the best type of stories to hear Great Job Patty!!!!!
                  Bogie is a 8 year old 24 pound Miniture Schnauzer, Dx on 08/24/12. Home cooked diet formulated by Just Food For Dogs, Switching from Levemir to Vetsulin.

Comment

Oh my. This pup was found out on the loose around here and if owners don't claim them by end of day, the dogs spend the night in the pound.

Definitely going to have to call and see if the dog was claimed later today. Hate to see this golden love in the pound for the night!

Comment

Looks like one ball of fluffy energy. What a sweet baby! I'd be calling to find out too - hope you get good news that the owner has been found and the baby has been returned home.
                      Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

what a cutie! Hope she is found
                        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

OMGoodness. She is sooo beyond adorable! And younger than I thought. Has to be around 4-5 months maybe. This picture doesn't do her justice. I just went up to the housing office and exchanged a lightbulb (that happened to blow this afternoon while I was cleaning, LOL - very convenient).

Her owners haven't come or called yet but someone already agreed to take her for the night. I left my name and # in case something didn't work out and they needed another offer (highly doubt that will happen ). She was melting the hearts of everyone she met.

Tim was the one that actually saw the post on her today. He was encouraging me to offer to keep her til her owners called. His words, "It would be fun to have a pup in the house for a night." Sweeeet.

Comment

She is a cutie!

Comment

ooohhhhh...Patty! Keep us posted on what happens with the young girl!

Comment

Working...
                              X