Flea products for diabetic dog...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flea products for diabetic dog...

For the first time ever our dog has fleas. Just wondering if there are any concerns about products to use since he is diabetic.

Thanks,

James

Re: Flea products for diabetic dog...

Our dog is in Trifexis for prevention...
    Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

I use Revolution on Riliey at the 6 hour mark.

Theres an online chart showing flea products and what they do. Just google flea and tick chart

Some do more then others check it out
      Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
      20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

I didn't know you had to watch what flea products you use with a diabetic dog. Oh no I hope I didn't screw anything up. My dog got fleas from the vet 2 months ago when we were testing to see if she had diabetes. I just gave her K9 Advantix. Nothing bad happened to her, so I hope its safe.

Comment

K9 advantage is suppose to be good but it doesnt cover heartworms, heartguard does, its a chewy to give with the k9 advantage.

Check out the online chart showing what individual flea products do
          Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
          20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

We just started using Nexgard last month. So far, no problems with it. It's a newer medication from the same people that make Heartgard. It's a chewable soft tablet, and both dogs ate it like a treat.
            Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

used revolution with no issue
              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Working...
              X