Soaphie the sophisticated is an angel October 29, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Soaphie

Continuing to pray for healing Tami. Glad she's made some progress with the left eye.
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

So glad that slowly but surely Miss Soaphie is on the mend.
      Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Thanks all!!!

I do have to admit - I'm a bit frustrated. Probably more so with hubby. He won't let her be home alone until it all heals up - both eyes - he is worried she will figure out a way to rub them if we are not watching. So it's been since June 17th-ish since we have left the house at the same time - even if it's not together. I insist this isn't normal and "most" people don't have the luxury of working from home and would by unemployed by now if they stayed home with their dog for nearly a month.

Vet says it's ok to leave her alone. He thinks "what if" all the time.

Ok - done venting - I know that the moment we do both leave, something will happen to her eye and then it will be my fault as I pushed for us both to not be there.

Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

You're a good mom, Tami. Soaphie knows it, as well as anyone who knows your situation.

It's tough being a human, sometimes.
          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

It's great that he loves her but yeah, you cannot win on this one. I'm glad she is doing better and hope you guys BOTH feel comfortable leaving her soon!
            Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Soaphie & Sydney's Mom View Post

Ok - done venting - I know that the moment we do both leave, something will happen to her eye and then it will be my fault as I pushed for us both to not be there.

OR it could be that everything would be just fine too. Maybe he's just over protective because it's so soon after losing Sydney and now something has happened to Soaphie?

You guys are great parents! You'll both know when it's ok to leave her alone. Maybe your husband just needs more time to come to that conclusion than you do.
              (((Hugs)))
              Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by farrwf View Post
                You're a good mom, Tami. Soaphie knows it, as well as anyone who knows your situation.

It's tough being a human, sometimes.
                Amen.....
                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Glass half full is he loves her like crazy too; she's a very lucky lady (and yes, we are bad about leaving Charlie too but I work from home and hubby is retired)
                  Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

How's Soaphie today Tami?

Comment

Having a tough time determining if left eye is improving or not (or getting worse again?). Can't tell a difference in right eye. We go back on the 23rd unless I determine things are declining.

She is eating - so that's good. And she loves for me to snuggle on her (so that is good for me )
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Sounds great, enjoy!!
                        Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

I am glad she is eating - I think that is one aspect of our dogs that is a big indicator of how they are doing. I always feel much better when Maggie is eating and the appetite is there. And I am glad you are getting your snuggles - those are the best.
                          Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Eating is good.... Like Amy, I agree that is such a great barometer to tell how they are feeling.

2nd That Amen on Bill's and Patty's comment.

Barb
                            Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Eating and appetite is the best - the best gauge for all
                              Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Layer our snuggles on too.

Comment

Working...
                                X