Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sigh-Bagel having issues

MERRY CHRISTMAS to ALL!!

Bagel has had a very comfortable and non issue Christmas!! She is eating her porkchops and occasional stewed beef well...She sleeps restfully all night- sometimes climbing up her ramp to the pillow beside me in the night.

She was happy to "see" my son home from S Korea after a year and a half, and my brother here for the first time in a year...She sleeps most of the day and we have been able to run to family gatherings without incident...

The FOUR MARVELS seem to be working well. The glands in her neck grow- i hate them.... but are not affecting her eating or breathing.

I am grateful and thankful and so glad this time is so calm while the guys are here and I am home with her for Christmas break!!
    Sande and the Miracle Bagel

Comment

SO glad Bagel is doing better, Sande! And what a good time of year for her to be doing better - so you can enjoy family visiting!

I guess we can't stop the inexorable march of Mother Nature - but - maybe we can find ways to alleviate discomforts much or even most of the time! Glad your family arrived safely!

Big hugs, licks and wags to you and Bagel, from Kwali and Kumbi at the Bridge, and Camellia and me down here on lowly Earth with you!

Wed, 26 Dec 2012 06:57:16 (PST)
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      CarolW

Comment

Great update and peaceful holiday
        Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

glad you had a nice holiday!
          Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

That's wonderful, Sande, ... hope you have many, many more good days together.
            Last edited by farrwf; 12-26-2012, 01:40 PM.
            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Glad to hear it Sande. Love the image of her climbing up on the pillow next to you at night. Ruby sleeps on a little fleece pad right up by my head. right before I fall asleep I scoot her right up close to me.

Tara
              Tara in honor of Ruby.
              She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
              Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

thanks everyone!! Carol you taught me much....I believe that Bagel will celebrate her 13th birthday next week on the 31st!!!

Comment

Wow - how time goes by! Whatever I might have taught, I learned from my vet, and here, and from other k9diabetes humans - and dogs.

Bagel, I hope you continue with these lovely comfortable days, so you can have a fabulous thirteenth birthday on the 31st!

New Year, new Age, for you, you wonderful dog! How fortunate you are that Sande is your Human dog-mum!

Love, hugs, licks and wags,
                  Thu, 27 Dec 2012 06:45:26 (PST)
                  CarolW

Comment

Wishing Bagel a wonderful birthday!
                    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

WOW Bagel had a fabulous birthday!! I took her out in her dog buggy even though it was 36 outside! She loved it all bundled up!. Then Frosty Paws ice cream for her!! She is eating well, moving well and resting a lot...
                      THANKFUL for every day!!
                      Sande

Comment

Sounds like a GREAT day!!!!!

Happy Birthday Bagel!!!!!!!!

Sandy

Comment

Aww, thanks for sharing Bagel's B-day with us. Glad you had fun and she is trucking....or buggying right along.

Tara
                          Tara in honor of Ruby.
                          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

yay for bagel and you on such a special day its sounds like a great time
                            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Bagel - I'm so glad you had a Happy, Happy thirteenth birthday! Just love it - out in the buggy in the cold - and Frosty-Paws treat! Yer Human DogMum Sande is really Quite Something!

Ah - our dogs here have so many wonderful Human-Parents! Kwali and Kumbi send you (so, a day late) birthday greetings from the Bridge, and Camellia and I send our greetings from Lowly Earth.

Lots and lots of love, hugs, licks and wags!
                              Tue, 1 Jan 2013 20:04:58 (PST)
                              CarolW

Comment

Aaaawwwww.... Happy Happy Birthday Bagel!!

We had lots of fireworks and they stressed our boy out. Hope you had a peaceful night.

Natalie

Comment

Working...
                                X