Thread: Hello All!
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Hello All!

Thanks, Lynne! I am thinking of you all the time!! How are you doing???

And Leslie, put down that sword (unless you are coming up here with it!)

And sure enough, a bit after I posted last night, Bailey gobbled up his food and about an hour later, right after I gave the Lysodren....up it alllllll came! He did this choking noise, not the "usual" pre-vomiting noise he usually makes (which the whole neighborhood can here....is this TMI???) Anyway, he did not look well but not low so I rubbed his belly and tucked him in for the night. Seems a little better today. But no more Lysodren until I know for sure that whatever it is is over.

I'm not sure if it is my pessimistic attitude I seemed to have developed over the course of the last 18 months, or there is something amiss with him. He is just having periods of "weird".

I forgot to mention the other day, I took him for a walk. Usually, he loves people...any people...and will try to sniff and drool all over them. Not this weekend. He saw them, and then does his thing like he does when he sees another dog.....hides behind ME! He started pulling back, wanting to turn around, he was scared. I was shocked. I coaxed him along and he walked by them very fast without looking at them at all.

Then, a few weeks ago, he got in the part of the yard with the pool equipment and he knows darn well that he can't get out the way he was trying. Twice I had to walk around and talk him out of the spot he was in.

His elbows are getting swollen again, his eye is all goopy and I HAVE to call the vet tomorrow and make an appointment to get him in to get all this checked and his nails cut. Oh, and he is starting to get a tiny area of white nose crust. Scoobie had that but worse a few weeks before he died. What is that anyway? Does anyone know?

I don't know what to think. Most of the time he seems fine, just tired and old and lazy...but then this weird stuff happens and I think, UH OH....a touch of dementia? Is the tumor enlarging? Is the Cushing's progressing in other ways? And that jerking thing....that's why I am wondering if it isn't neuro somehow...

I can't even think about it too much bc I am not going "THERE" anytime soon again that's for sure!!! I think I will lose my mind completely! Speaking of which, I can't seem to remember where I left it!

Love ya! Beth, Bailey, always Scoobie and I can't forget Allo (he gets upset about stuff like that!)