View Single Post
Old 04-18-2009, 04:25 PM
Interim CC

Default Re: Internet Archives

It might help some people to go to Google Advanced Search,

1) If you know the exact title of your thread and have never changed it:
after "Find web pages that have...this exact wording or phrase:" - fill in the exact title of the thread
or
If your thread’s title has changed over the course of your thread:
after "Find web pages that have... all these words:" – I would fill in any words that may be common throughout title changes, such as (maybe) your pup’s name.

2) After "Need more tools? Search within a site or domain:" - fill in www.caninecushings.net

Here's a sample:
http://www.google.com/advanced_searc...310&as_qdr=all

3) Then click on the “Advanced Search” button

NOTES:
- If you see the following text at the bottom, go ahead and click on “repeat the search with omitted results included” (because I think some of the cached versions get omitted):
"In order to show you the most relevant results, we have omitted some entries very similar to the 1 already displayed. If you like, you can repeat the search with the omitted results included."

- If you have more than one cached file for a particular page, look at all of them. Some might have more posts (cached at different times).

- I have been making pdf’s of the files because I’ve found that sometimes I can’t access the cached file later (with the same link) – I don’t know why, this is all new to me. If you can’t make a pdf, I would print it.

-Susy

Last edited by Wylie's Mom; 04-20-2009 at 04:49 PM. Reason: more suggestions