View Single Post
Old 05-08-2017, 07:02 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Newly Diagnosed

hi and welcome

the relion brand of nph is not really a substitute for humulin or a generic version but really a name brand from another manufacturer and the insulin is novolin

actually at one time humulin was under the relion name and took novolins place and eventually switched back to novolin as walmart negotiates contracts for purchase

my jesse went through the changes of those nph insulin's under the relion name . she went from novolin to humulin then back to novolin and i am fine with both nph insulin's and did not see any benefit staying with one over the other so the cheaper version won

maybe if you gave me a side by side i might give the edge to humulin but not to justify the higher price as the difference is negligible

we do find some vets that prefer humulin as with yours and actually over vetsulin the pet insulin which may have got a bad name some years back in the states