View Single Post
Old 01-20-2019, 08:31 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Diabetes, Cushings and Pancreatitis in my Dog

lets see I do vary at times and i dont always use all of the vegetables I list here as i mix and match but this is a standard combination Kale ,broccoli , beets ,bokchoy, carrots , tomatoes and cauliflower . Now i understand some of these vegetables have sugar in them like carrots and maybe beets and tomatoes but the amount is so small coupled with the fiber of the vegetable its release is slow that it has no affect on blood sugar for jesse

I boil a dozen eggs make a pot of pinto beans and buy in bulk of chicken when on sale and put in freezer . I think i pressure cook about 5 lbs at a time and store if in the fridge with a good amount of pinto beans . I usually get 5 days of meals so dinner only takes 5 minutes to prepare

I do buy pinto beans in bulk also .
Jesse-26 lbs - 14 years old - 9 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 6 and 8 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number