Jesse girl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jesse girl

Happy belated birthday to Jesse - wishing many more years of rabbit chasing and following those dog instincts.

Holli
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

jesse says thanks holli

hope life is good with your crew
      Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
      Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

an update on jesse

its her 7th sugarversary which i find quite amazing for what i witnessed 7 years ago when this journey began

she went a whole year without no evidence of a seizure from her epilepsy amazing for a girl that could get 1-3 a month very grateful for that relief

her sugar has been good so good that we are a couple weeks from being 3 month use of her insulin we bought in January . its funny the lot number was what a forum member said that was not good and should be replaced . her dose is quite small and actually lately has been reduced . when your on a roll i like to hold onto that for as long as we can . so we will take it day to day and any change off to walmart

we did notice a lump on her chest maybe a couple years ago maybe the size of a quarter . i elected not to explore what it is because of her age and not going to explore any invasive treatment as what she went through early in the journey. a deal we made together . so far no problem an it doesnt appear to be growing anymore . no affect on her quality of life

she still enjoys her morning walk , afternoon rabbit chase and after ,her single homemade meal that she surly lets me know she enjoys with a howl of excitement .

we had a foster for a bit a pug mixed called gambit it was my daughter in laws dog from college who got a bit nippy with the baby grand kids . he went on the pet smart adoption program and got his forever home with a family with older kids and a husband and wife team he looked quite happy as he pranced off to his new hope ( good program for adoptions )

so we continue with the program and hope jesse keeps having her uneventful life doing the things she enjoys
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Great update!
          Annie was an 18 pound Lhasa Apso that crossed the rainbow bridge on 10-5-17. She was nearly 17 years old and diabetic for 9½ years.

Comment

Originally posted by jesse girl View Post
            an update on jesse

its her 7th sugarversary which i find quite amazing for what i witnessed 7 years ago when this journey began

she still enjoys her morning walk , afternoon rabbit chase and after ,her single homemade meal that she surly lets me know she enjoys with a howl of excitement .

so we continue with the program and hope jesse keeps having her uneventful life doing the things she enjoys
            Great report, ... so happy things are going well for the two of you, and congrats on the 7 year benchmark!

HAPPY SUGARVERSARY!
            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Congratulations! Jesse and Jesse's mom. You two are the best!! xoxo Judi
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

That is a wonderful report! And I want to thank you for all your help with Daisy! Give Jesse kisses from us.
                Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Nice... jesse's lucky to have you to guide her along her journey. It's very rewarding for both of you.
                  Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
                  Diabetes: Aug 2013
                  Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
                  Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

thanks craig ,bill,judi,daisy and mike

the support is what gets us over the top from people like you

for newcomers there is always hope .it may look quite bleak in the beginning but things usually find a better path . sometimes if difficult you may need to put more work into it and usually will be rewarded with a happy pup

i discovered this with jesse

Comment

Congratulations Jesse Girl! 7 Years is amazing especially when you had to go a non-standard route to get her regulated.

I hope her uneventful life carries on nicely for both of you. Uneventful is great!

Antonia
                      Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

Congratulations on your 7 year sugarversary Jesse Girl. So Happy you are doing so well! Keep up the good work and wishing you many many more years together!!

Comment

thanks antonia and scooters mom

its so nice to have a community that really does care

yes uneventful is what we like

Comment

What a team you both make! Congrats on another successful year!
                            Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

thanks tami we keep truckin

Comment

Happy Sugaranniversary. So wonderful to log in and see this milestone anniversary that you and Jessie have conquered. You two make a wonderful team. Your simplist approach with her life' is what I admire most.
                                Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Working...
                                X