Abby's Story - 12.24.1999 to 12.31.2013 - Forever in our hearts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Abby's Story - 12.24.1999 to 12.31.2013 - Forever in our hearts

oh Barb, I haven't checked in for a couple days and when I saw your post my heart just sank. I don't know how to put into words how sad I am for your loss. You were the best mom Abby could of ever hoped for...you just know when its time. I've been where you are and I will be again, its absolutely devastating. My heart goes out to you...big hugs
    Danielle and Ollie - 10.5 yo Silky Terrier May 17, 2003 - February 15, 2014. diagnosed Dec 28, 2012. See you on the other side Baby Bear.

Comment

Barb I'm really sorry to see this. I think we all wish they lived longer and you did everything you possibly could for Abby. 14 is a good age but it is never long enough.
      I hope you are comforted by all the lovely memories of your little Abby.
      Antonia
      Eddie - Lab x golden retriever. Weighed 63lbs. Ate Canagan. Diagnosed October 2012. 13units of Caninsulin twice a day. Had EPI as well as diabetes. Died 20 June 2017. Loved forever.

Comment

My heart sank when I saw this post. I am so so sorry for your loss.
        RIP little Abby.

Carol & Milo

Comment

So very sorry for your loss of Abby. She certainly had a good life being in your family. Take care. Donna

Comment

Barb
            I so very seldom log in to K9 and today, I just felt I had to.

I am so very sad reading about the passing of your sweet Abby. I agree with Holli, it just felt that Abby belonged to all of us. You have given that little girl such a good life and you never told her she had diabetes, instead you let her be a dog that had a fun life.

I know the pain you are feeling and there are no word that I can say that will take that pain away.

Sending you a great big virtual hug. Sweet little Abby and now pain free and will be looking down on you.

Take good care
            Louise

Comment

My heart sank when I read about Abby. I am moved by everything you have shared here about her.

I hope your love for her brings you some comfort and peace through this difficult time of grieving.

Take care of yourself!

Rumyana

Comment

Barb,
                So very sorry for your loss. Your many Abby stories have helped many more than you'll ever know and Abby will be forever in our hearts as well.
                Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg

Comment

hi Barb, see you're on and just want you to know I am thinking of you today.....

Tara
                  Tara in honor of Ruby.
                  She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                  Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Originally posted by buddingartist View Post
                    Barb
                    I so very seldom log in to K9 and today, I just felt I had to.

I am so very sad reading about the passing of your sweet Abby. I agree with Holli, it just felt that Abby belonged to all of us. You have given that little girl such a good life and you never told her she had diabetes, instead you let her be a dog that had a fun life.

Take good care
                    Louise
                    Hi Louise,

I never told her she was a dog either. I remember when she was just a pup, I use to take her to a groomer when we lived in Illinois, and she told me that Abby did not think she was a dog, but rather a person.

I never told her otherwise.

Barb
                    Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Originally posted by Abby's Mom View Post
                      Hi Louise,

I never told her she was a dog either. I remember when she was just a pup, I use to take her to a groomer when we lived in Illinois, and she told me that Abby did not think she was a dog, but rather a person.

I never told her otherwise.

Barb
                      well she was no ordinary dog that is for sure! still thinking of you
                      Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Originally posted by Judi View Post
                        well she was no ordinary dog that is for sure! still thinking of you
                        I personally don't think ANY of our babies are ordinary
                        Hugs to you Barb!

Sandy

Comment

Barb, I just saw this and my heart broke. You did so much for Abby - you both made quite the team! So, so sorry for your loss :-(
                          Karen & Sammie 65 lb Female Golden Retriever/Collie 12 years old. Addisons and diabetes diagnosed June, 2011. 15 U am/ 8 U pm Novolin N & 2 mg of Prednisone/day. 3 cups Nature's Variety Limited Ingredient Lamb split into 4x a day feedings.

Comment

Barb

I am so sorry - Abby was one very special girl.

Hugs
                            Allison
                            Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

i am so sorry for your loss with abby..they sure take a piece of our heart with them...she knows how well you took care of her and how much she was loved..hang in there..
                              sherryandfred.. in memory of fred he was a rat terrier that lived life with diabetes for 4 years and being blind for most of his life..he finally crossed the bridge on april 2, 2014 and will be missed greatly...

Comment

• Re: Abby's Story

Oh Barb, I am just sick reading about the loss of Abby!!

I don't think I have the words to tell you how much I feel for you. They take so much of our hearts when they leave us that it feels like such a huge hole.

I am so so very sorry! Sending you prayers for comfort and peace!
                                Mel
                                Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X