Clear All

• Re: New member Snowball

314 at 6:15pm and 339 at 924PM.

Comment

288 6:10am

Comment

253 at 9am. I upped to 3U this morning. I know everyone said that was a bad idea but Snowball is walking around like her old self now. How long that lasts I don't know but she hasn't done this well in at least 2 weeks or more.

Comment

If snowball could just hang out in the 200s for most of the day that would be positive. The reason you move slow in dose adjustments is it takes a bit of time for the body to accept the new dose and why you can see instability with a dose adjustment higher and to much may create instability

You have changed the narrative by just going up in half unit increments instead of 1 unit which snowballs body may have not been happy with especially being such a small dog

Hope to see continued progress but expect a step back on occasion . Even after 8 years jesses numbers can get erratic and the pattern can change for whatever reason
          Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
          Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

up to 363 at 11am. Not thrilled with that but snowball is still moving around. I just took her out to do her business and I walked her on her leash which I haven't done in probably 2 weeks as she couldn't walk. She is stumbling a bit but she did do the walk and she even went up the steps okay 7 steps and then 5 steps. She is still walking around at this point although she does seem quite thirsty and she did pee on the floor. I'm sure my office is thrilled.

Comment

315 at 1PM. After 11am when I took her for a walk She then basically went back to the dead dog syndrome again. But she was alive from 6:15am today until a little after 11am so that was nice. I just wish it could be all the time.

Comment

What your looking for is overall progress . I have watched jesse come back from quite a few challenges just on her own . The body is quite amazing if given a chance

With a dose adjustment higher you would like to see the overall trend go a bit lower not dramatic but just a step lower . With a change in dose you need to hold for a week or longer and let it settle with no change unless snowball goes to low

The body needs time to adjust to the new reality
                Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

470 at 2:47PM. A little early but I have to leave work.

Comment

379 at 4:52PM Higher than I would like but it did come down from last reading. She has also been more mobile today. Even after 11:15am when she started to just lie there, she is still attempting to do her business outside instead of just falling in a clump.

Comment

Its a bit odd snowball drops and rises 2 to 3 times in a 12 hour period and sometimes quite substantial in a short amount of time . It almost looks like the body is trying to keep up with active insulin and sometimes it overshoots

What happens with injected insulin being so different than the natural process .injected insulin is basically time released with NPH insulin . The natural process it is called up on demand sugar or insulin to keep blood sugar stable

Now snowball may never have great regulation but usually thats not a problem for most .

I am sure snowball is very happy with all the extra care

Comment

321 at 10:30PM

and 250 at 8:00am this morning.

3U given at around 8:30 last night as we were out for an event. She has been lively most of the day yesterday. She did start sleeping after 11:15am yesterday but she was never dropping into a ball when I tried to stand her up.

Comment

232 at 10am

Comment

well jesse was 257 this morning snowball wins and only has been in the game for a short spell

Its possible regulation struggled because of being overfed and not very consistent with the routine . As you can see home testing is helpful . With a little dog and not following the program it can magnify the ups and downs being a bit more extreme and loose stability

Comment

286 at 12:15PM

Comment

369 at 2:25pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X