View Single Post
Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 AM

Default Re: Jesse just diagnosed with Cushings

Hi Kim, Yes the hind leg weakness is scaring me the most.
He drinks a gallon in 24 hours, yet he will still holds it for ever it seems.
And his belly is swollen and I feel so bad because I can't feed him too much, I don't want him to put weight on. I make his meals, so now its chicken, fish, veggies,fiber, enzymes, and a host of supplements, (I've had a few holistic vets that taught me well in the food and supplement dept.) one was a former partner of Dr. Martin Goldstein.
Jesse did have an ultra sound and it looked good. I'm still waiting for the vet to call me, he is supposed to send the reports to Dr. Peterson to be reviewed by him. I'm sitting on pins and needles waiting and can't stop crying. I can't believe the complications involved with this disease. Yes, Jesse may have had it for a while. From reading a post response it sounds like the trilostane is just as scary as the lysodern. Boy, now I'm really scared !!!. The link is a diagnostic lab with trilo info and also a very expensive drug by Roche - retinoic acid, the write up sounds excellent. My vet said there hasn't been much testing - but it seems from what I've read that they are using it on infants. The more reading the more overwhelmed and scared I'm getting. I'm hoping to get some positive feedback too. I feel so helpless - I need to do the best for Jesse because he counts on me for everything, as he should.
Thank you Kim - you made me feel better