New member Snowball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New member Snowball

you should get Snowball some treatment to find out whats causing pain. you both dont seem comfortable. can you get to a vet tomorrow?
    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

unfortunately with a divorce pending, I'm lucky that I can still get her insulin and needles. I went tot he vet a week ago or so and they gave some meds but they just seemed to knock her out. I can't keep running back to the vet.

Comment

what insulin do you use?

when did the pain and trouble walking start?
        20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

some dogs dont respond well to a certain type of insulin. this could be one reason.

the other possibly is a bad insulin bottle or its been used past the expiry date and is too old.

Comment

I use the insulin from walmart. novolin N or something like that. The trouble walking started about 2 weeks ago. Now she is crying and her belly feels bloated. I took her out and helped her pee. This morning at 7am I took her out and she was walking pretty well, still stumbly but not just sitting on the floor. It appears to come and go. I'm hoping as we get more regulated that it fixes itself.

Comment

i.d keep a log when she crys. is it mostly when she comes in from outside? maybe crying for a treat. if so try giving cut up green beans.

regulation takes time your both doing great

Comment

two weeks ago you cut her food back its possible she does want food and needs a snack mid day. dogs love their food...this was a big change for her maybe shes acting out

Comment

The crying happens when she can't walk. Currently she isn't crying, but I pick her up and she clumps down in a ball.

Comment

one more comment from me.

testing in one spot all the time can cause problems. i used above the anus below the tail for awhile then switched to the upper lip got more blood rotating from left to right.

same for injecting in one spot. i injected top of the leg mid way back rotating from side to side.

can testing on the ear same spot cause pain. infection? same with injecting in the scruff of the neck same spot cause problems?

Comment

377 at 235PM

Comment

I try to rotate between the ears, but I can't see why that would cause problems walking. I always do the scruff of the neck as I really don't know any other place I could do that is safe.

Originally posted by Riliey and Mo View Post
                        one more comment from me.

testing in one spot all the time can cause problems. i used above the anus below the tail for awhile then switched to the upper lip got more blood rotating from left to right.

same for injecting in one spot. i injected top of the leg mid way back rotating from side to side.

can testing on the ear same spot cause pain. infection? same with injecting in the scruff of the neck same spot cause problems?

Comment

after reading more there was an issue when you pricked her ear and her back went up.
                          since then shes had problems falling. sleeping alot and drinking alot.

an ear bacterial infection from the pricking ears causing virtigo wobbling and neuropathy in back and legs. infection gets into the blood then the bone. it happens mostly in floppy ear dogs. along with diabetic neurooathy this bacterial infection would make her mobility worse.

this is why ear problems can cause a problem walking.very painful and crying dog

raising the insulin wont work when theirs infection the blood sugar rises
                          Last edited by Riliey and Mo; 10-14-2018, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Vet turned off phones early. I'll try to call tomorrow

Comment

6:30pm 458. Gets shot in 20 minutes or so.

Comment

396 at 630am and 289 at 10am just now.

She has not been able to walk for a bit, she is starting to walk a bit now. Last night I took her out at 2:30am and she was standing in her cage and when she got out there she was wobbling but almost running around. One hour later I took her out again and she couldn't move.

Comment

Working...
                                X