View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 07:31 AM
Founding Member

Default Re: Help for little Piper?

I am not sure it ends early or just other processes occurring to end it like the bodies internal sugar mechanism . I have come to find out with jesse that rebound is quite common and maybe for many reasons not totally known . Allot of things about K9 diabetes is not fully understood . It could be the dose being so small that it doesnt last . It could be the dose is a tad to much and the body rebounds . Sometimes you can add a carb or a grain type food that can mute that spike but it takes experimentation

Injected insulin is nothing like the natural process where the body can call up sugar or insulin on demand . Injected insulin is a time released process and the body can only do so much to balance that

now you could see a more muted response over time with the spike . My jesses spike lowered over time to mostly the mid 200s but on occasion she can be in the 300s and she has been fine for 9.5 years diabetic
Jesse-26 lbs - 15 years old - 9.5 years diabetic - one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack - 3 shots of Novolin a day sometimes Novolog or r as a correction to higher sugar but that is rare. total insulin for a 24 hour period is between 8 and 10 units of NPH insulin depending on her fasting number