My cat Audrey: Audrey is at peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My cat Audrey has a mouth cancer

A funny incident in Audrey and Harry's life.
    As you know, today is Harry's birthday. We got him a Costco dog bed as his b-day present.
    Even before Harry could get to it, my feisty Audrey has taken over the dog bed. Harry would not dare to approach it now.
    I added a photo of Audrey on Harry's (now her) bed.

Comment

Went to look at your photos. Beautiful! So THAT'S what was going on with Audrey and Harry's - oops - Audrey's - bed!

I never did wish Harry a happy birthday, so will remedy the omission now - Harry - Happy Birthday!

Love and hugs,
      Sat, 1 Oct 2011 20:34:23 (PDT)
      http://www.coherentdog.org/
      CarolW

Comment

Too funny, Yunhee. And such a sweet picture of James.
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Yunhee, thinking of you and Audrey today. Hope it's another good day.

Mary
          Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
          Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
          Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
          Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Thank you, Mary
            She is having a decent day. She ate 1/2 can of Hills A/D food this morning, which is great. She also spent sometime outside with me - cuddling while I was reading a book. She is now sleeping and resting comfortably on my lap - wrapped in my down jacket. Meanwhile, Harry is begging for his dinner - right on top of Audrey - panting into my face. Audrey is getting annoyed with Harry.

Comment

Nice to hear from you Yunhee

That sounds like good news. Harry is probably upset that he is not getting all of your attention

Louise

Comment

Thinking of you and Audrey. So glad you are having quality time with her!
                Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Wondering if things have settled down with Harry and thinking about you and Audrey.

Mary
                  Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her

Comment

Thanks, Mary
                    Harry is doing fine - cortisol all normal.
                    Audrey is doing as well as she can. According to the oncologist (she had a recheck two days ago), her tumor has not progressed since the last check a month ago, and her anemia is still mild (keeping my fingers crossed and knocking on wood). She's been losing a lot of weight, so we are still waiting for her thyroid results.

Comment

I think that's good news about Audrey (and Harry). Thinking of you and your furries.
                      Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

I think it is Audrey's time. She wants to eat, but can't. I will give another day, but she has not eaten anything today - I even tried to puree her canned food. She keeps going to her food, but can't swallow. It is so heartbreaking.

Comment

Yunhee, I'm so sorry to hear this! I know you have been through so much lately. My heart goes out to you.

Mary

Comment

It does sound as though it's time, Yunhee.

My heart goes out to you - holding you tight in my arms!
                            Lots of love,
                            Sun, 6 Nov 2011 20:05:01 (PST)
                            http://www.coherentdog.org/
                            CarolW

Comment

Oh no! I'm so sorry! Hugs and strong thoughts coming to you to help!
                              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Oh Yunhee, I'm so sorry to hear this. Sending lots of hugs.
                                Patty
                                Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Working...
                                X