Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle is an Angel...

I am so sorry to hear about your little Jenny. I wish I had words to take the pain away. Sending prayers for you and yours and belly rub for her.
    Jenny
    Cosmo 9 y/o Yorkie 20 LBS, DX 9/16/14 Novolin N 3 u BID. DX w Cushings 2 yrs ago, hepatomegaly, pancreatitis, peritonitis, gall bladder disease, heart block, BPH, bil fluxating patellas.

Comment

Awwww. I am so sorry and sad to read of Jenny's passing. She has always amazed me with her spirit. She was lucky to have you, and for you to have her. She is a very special little dog who will be greatly missed. I always connected to her because my dear Angel Sidekick also had Cushings and diabetes, and he was a strong and determined little fellow who is still dearly missed.

It is so very hard to have that dearly beloved one's energy gone from your life.
      I am so sorry for your great loss.

Comment

Oh Judi,
        I am so sad and heartbroken for you.Jenny was one of the "leaders" of the pack. We will greatly miss her. I know how hard you worked and how much she is a part of you.
        Sissy and I send hugs and kisses for your girl.
        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Judy,

Jenny and Abby started this journey together....and I know that my Abby was waiting for her. I am so sorry, I am just at a loss for words. That Diva of yours was truly all of ours, and the pain of losing her is shared by many.

Hugs,
          Barb
          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Aww Judi

I am so sorry to hear ur news about ur diva Jenny. Words r never enough at a time like this.

Hugs
            Allison x
            Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Thanks you guys. It's so nice to here from you. We've been through a lot together. I only get emotional when I read all of your kind words. I'm sure my bossy girl has found someone to spoil her wherever she is. That is what happened when I tried to take her to puppy class. A bigger puppy scared her so she walked over to a random person and curled up on their lap. They loved her. Puppy class 0. Jenny 1. Thanks again. Judi
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

• Re: Jenny Diabetic & Cushings Poodle

Oh Judi!
                I am so so sorry to read about Jenny!! It took my breath away to read this, so I really can't imagine what it's done to you and your husband! I will definitely keep you both in my prayers and sending a kiss to Jenny!
                Hugs!
                Mel
                Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Thinking of you...hugs!!!
                  Cosmo 9 y/o Yorkie 20 LBS, DX 9/16/14 Novolin N 3 u BID. DX w Cushings 2 yrs ago, hepatomegaly, pancreatitis, peritonitis, gall bladder disease, heart block, BPH, bil fluxating patellas.

Comment

Judi I haven't been on in forever but something told me to log on tonight..... I now know why . As I sit here crying I am truly at a loss for words. We went through a lot together with those little girls! Jenny and Tiggy were soo much alike with their stubbornness and determination to stay the little Divas they were and I will alway remember her as such. You know she'll be the little princess at the bridge. My heart goes out to you!

Hugs!!
                    Sandy

Comment

Aww Judi, I read your posts since losing Jenny and it sounds as though you have the comfort of not questioning your decision. It seems there are two parts to grieving for our animals; mourning the loss of the physical body and the tangible companionship. Then there is wondering if you could have/should have done more.

I think the wondering is more present with the loss of our animals then with our people because we are our animals advocates....but that word seems so removed. We are their hands, their voices.....and in some cases their eyes.

Losing my brother to undiagnosed colon cancer had none of the wondering. People have free will and I and the family did what we could. It can be a blessing and a curse to be our animals...basically Power of Attorney.

I am going on about this because a trait I find so attractive in people and am working toward is the ability to hold one's own counsel. How tortured I was in my process of letting Ruby go. If you are spared that it speaks well to your character.

When you describe Jenny just not really being there it sounds so like Ruby the days before I let her go. Natalie's words struck home of the huge character these girls had, that is so used to fighting against a body that has no more left to give.

Your recalling her last nights when even touching her would cause her discomfort reminds me of similar agonies. You want nothing more then to crawl into their skin and stop time, but the time has passed when anything you do can offer them comfort. You can only gaze at them trying to remember; the cow licks of fur, the silkiness for fur and their smell.....

As I write the last I try to keep the sadness at bay. I am coming to a year since losing Maggie and it surprises me how hard it still is. With all of that difficulty I have been asking myself and wondering of others, if we had the ability to skip the pain of losing them would we opt to do so? For me it is a resounding no.

In the end, although crippling at times, the pain is our initial connection to them in the other realm. I know myself. I am an easier, softer route if available. Without the deep craving for connection that used to be right at my feet or right by my side I wouldn't pursue or feel gratified by the harder less tangible means of connection that are left to me now.

The pain, while almost unbearable has a sweetness to it. Like weeping into the pillow by my head that took Ruby's spot for awhile. As odd as it seems it was a comfort for awhile....a routine to replace another routine to hold back the horrible void.

I keep thinking of your business partner who 2-3 yrs ago thought it was time to set Jenny free. Think of all those wonderful days, nights, walks and everything else that Jenny not only gave to you but that you gave to her.

I wish you comfort and grace in the days....months and years ahead. But most of all I wish you the openness if mind to feel Jenny as she comforts you from the other side.

Tara
                      Tara in honor of Ruby.
                      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Thank you guys so much. Sandy: I hope Miss Tiggy is doing well! I think of you guys.

Mel: I hope you haven't been around because things are status quo.

and Tara: thank you. I am not eloquent like you are but you know you helped us so much. My business partner hasn't said a word to me. I don't know if he knows Jenny is gone. He was out of the office Monday when a couple of people told me I looked horrible and I decided to go home. I only talk to her to people who ask. But I agree. I'm very glad we had the last 3 1/2 years with her. Even in July I had her at the office on her way to the vet and she was running around like she owned the place.

All of your family (2 legged and 4 legged) are lucky to have you in their lives. I hope these painful anniversaries eventually turn into less pain and more happy memory.

I miss my girl but I am very grateful her ending was peaceful and that we could mostly keep the pain at bay that last weekend.

thanks again to all of you. If I responded to each of you individually like I should I wouldn't be able to see through the tears. I appreciate each and every one of you. thanks..
                        Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

I can relate to the feelings of loss hanging on for longer than we think they will. It will soon be ten years since I lost my golden retriever Shelby. We had to let her go on Thanksgiving in 2004, after sudden illness and a quick decline. Even after all this time, I miss her dainty ladylike personality and the way she used to lay on my feet to keep them warm... I swear I sometimes find long golden hairs that look like they were hers, although it doesn't seem possible after ten years - even given my poor cleaning regimen. Every night I run my hand over the cedar box of her ashes and tell her 'goodnight pretty girl' (also the last words I spoke in her ear). It gets easier as the years pass but a truly special bond never ends. You know that you did what was best for Jenny, so you can find peace in the comfort of not having to second guess yourself.
                          Last edited by Grayson; 11-15-2014, 07:22 PM.
                          Grayson - 95lb black lab, 10yrs old, diagnosed 3/22/14 - Novolin N (27units) and Merrick Grain Free Buffalo and Sweet Potato dry food - Novox 100mg twice daily & a Cosequin supplement - Alphatrak2 & One Touch Mini

Comment

I think a sudden death is harder to deal with. Your Shelby sounds sweet and I laughed at your housekeeping comment. I had to take ranger to the vet for a checkup today and everyone had such nice things to say about Jenny. It got emotional. Then they asked if we'd mind waiting cause someone was there for a euthanization of course not but man was I happy to leave.

I'm glad you still remember your special girl. They are family

Comment

Wow Judi so glad you left, they were abit incentative. Your sounding so good , when its Riles time, i hope i deal with it like your coping. This cold cold polar vortex is kicking in again this year. Hope its not -40 degrees with 100 km winds like last year.

we do what we can with our dogs. Soooo thinking of you in this colder weather Judi.
                              Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                              20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Judi,

I have been keeping up with your thread and I find it hard to get through it without tears. I just saw Jenny and Maggie as such kindred spirits, so alike in so many ways - both traveling the road with complications and both always coming back so many times from the brink because they were tough girls.

I am glad you are at peace with the timing and you knew it was the right time. That is a huge blessing. I think any decision we make out of love is the right one. I know it still must be painful and so very sad. I will keep you in my thoughts in the coming days as I have been all week.

Amy
                                Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Working...
                                X