View Single Post
Old 09-10-2019, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Newly Dx: Ruby, my foster rescue Yorkie mix

Thank you, Raysaint. We decided last night to make the change now. The vet put her on 1 unit of Novolin N, which I began last night. She didn't have the near hypo incident which is a relief. Next curve by vet will be next Tuesday, one week after switching. I may do a curve on Saturday if I can get some more test strips. I will need them soon, anyway.

She is still drinking much water, but not as ravenously as b4 we began insulin. Still pees a lot of course and seems hungry most of the time. Has a little more energy, so that's a good sign. Fasting numbers are still in the 300s and 400s.

The U100 syringes have a smaller needle, so she didn't even jump when I inserted it, which was nice. She is still not calm for the BG test or the injection. I'm using treats, which she eats. Still wrapping her in a blanket for the test and shot. I hope she can relax soon.

I am using her scruff for the injections, which I know is not ideal. She is so skinny that I haven't found a good alternative yet. Hopefully she will gain weight and become more calm. I can hope, can't I?

Last edited by MaryLea; 09-10-2019 at 10:40 AM.