The Wee Dude Alfie earned his wings 23rd June, 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Wee Dude Alfie earned his wings 23rd June, 2015

May the Wee Dude Alfie always be in your heart.
    Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
    Diabetes: Aug 2013
    Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
    Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Oh, Allison - it really is so hard to come up with words right now. I always looked through the wee dude's thread and it always gave me hope and inspiration and lots of laughs with all of his adventures. Rest in peace, Sweet Boy!
      Hugs,
      Amy
      Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

he was truly an inspiration to me and jesse

1 am sure he will make it interesting on the otherside
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
        Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Alison,
          I have not been on the forum for a long time. Just came on tonight and saw about wee Alfie

Please accept our heartfelt sympathies and too let you know we are thinking about you.

He was a great wee character and he will be sorely missed. We had many a laugh about him and his antics. He will be joining Lucy at the rainbow bridge and she will give him a great welcome as so will all the others.

He is running free now Alison no pain or discomfort. I know you were a good doggy mum to him and you will miss him terribly,but you have a lot of lovely memories. They will sustain you.

God Bless

R.I.P. wee Alfie.
          Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Aw, I am so sorry, run free Alfie from your friends across the pond😢
            Laura & Charlie 29 lb male lhasapoo diagnosed October 2013. 16ish units of Novolin N. 1 & 1/3 cup of Natural Balance Fat Dog twice a day. An egg with breakfast and chicken with dinner. Shares string cheese with us late afternoon. Cyclosporine ointment for KCS. Blind from cataracts January 2014. Crossed the rainbow bridge 2/1/2016 at 14.5 years

Comment

Allison,
              I'm so sorry to learn about Alfie crossing the rainbow bridge. May his spirit live on in your heart and his memory live on through all the diabetic dogs who have lots to learn through all Alfie had to teach. He was a true testament to the 'every dog is different' philosophy and that not all dogs can be treated 'by the book' methods of treating diabetes.

You were an inspiration in letting him celebrate life as a dog, and not limiting his abilities because he had diabetes. I know words won't ease the pain you are feeling but I do hope you find some peace in knowing he is smiling down upon you and yours.

Thank you for sharing Alfie with us. He will be missed by all.

Holli
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I'm so sorry to learn of Alfie's flight to the Rainbow Bridge. I was traveling and didn't learn of your loss until today.

Hugs,
                Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Oh Allison...I'm so heartbroken for you! What a special little man he was! I looked forward to Alfie's antics and this thread was always my first stop whenever I came to the site. It never gets easier but we're all so very lucky to have had these little ones in our lives for however brief a time! My tears fall for you! Hugs and lots of love from us here!
                  Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

I have just logged on to hear the sad news.

So sorry for your huge loss of darling Alfie. What a star he was.

You were both an inspiration to me when I joined this site. Thank you for sharing him with us. I hope I can be as brave as you when the time comes.

xxx
                    Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

• I've been taking a break from the forum recently, and I was just prompted to log on and see how everyone is doing when I read this sad news. I am so sorry for your loss. I loved reading about wee Alfie and all his antics. He will truely be missed by us all. Sending cyber hugs your way,

Audrey & Bazzle
                      Bazzle - My sweet German Shepherd Chow Chow boy, born approximately 6/7/2002, adopted 8/7/2002, diagnosed with diabetes 12/28/2012, lived happy and healthy on Novilin 70/30 and Hill's Science Diet WD... Continued his journey into the next life on 5/15/2016. I miss you baby boy; you'll stay in my heart forever.

Comment

Allison,
                        I too am just returning and am so deeply saddened to hear this. I know some time has passed but Alfie was a part of our family. Sending love and hugs from across the pond.
                        Patty
                        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

It's been a good few months since I lost my wee dude and really have had a hard time to log on and visit here. Thought I was ready but since I was last here so many of "our" dogs have passed and the loss of Alfie hits me like a tonne of bricks on top of it all. For such a little dude Alfie was my whole heart for a long time my whole world. Living without him is still really hard and not a day goes by that I don't miss him terribly and all his antics
                          Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

So glad to see you back here. I hear you on the loss Alison. You know you always have a warm embrace and listening ear here.
                            Patty
                            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

"Re: Soaphie the sophisticated is an angel October 29, 2015 Tami......
                              It has been way to hard for me to come back here since I lost Alfie. Finally got the courage today and braved it. So saddened to here of ur loss of Soaphie. Have tears in my eyes knowing the heartache xx
                              " ================================

Hey Allison, great to hear from you. Was wondering how you've been doing.
                              Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

So we r fast approaching the wee dudes 2 year anniversary and I think about him more and more each day the closer it gets and it always makes me think of all u guys who supported us through our diabetes journey and everything the wee dude went through-too many to name but u all know who u r that were with me on that journey.

Most people active on here now won't know his story now but am sure he still has a wee place in a few peoples hearts that remember him.

So am going to update on my schnauzer girls that some of u might remember.

My baby girl Skye will b 13 in a couple of weeks and has aged so much recently it's so sad to c along with schnapps who is 13 1/2 too now and just wee old ladies. Sad to say Skye has started showing worrying signs of drinking and peeing loads recently so going for tests with her later this week and hoping it's not diabetes.

Wee Phoebe is not so wee now and turned 5 at the start of the year. It's crazy how fast time flys by.

I still foster for schnauzer rescue off and on as long as My work commitments allow. Had quite a few wee fosters come and go over the last couple of years since I lost the dude all with there own unique challenges and characters.

Took on a short term foster last month. A wee girl I have named Heidi just about to turn 2 next month. She had a fab wee home all set up but just needed a few nights With someone before moving in with her forever family. Turns out Heidi had other plans made it her mission to live with me. She would not settle with her new family or anyone else after just a couple of nights with me and the girls. I have now decided to keep her as a permanent addition to my other girls.

The more I get to know her the more she Is like Alfie. It's pretty scary how similar they r to each other which is so comforting and not at the same time. She does all the weird things Alf used to do. They have the same attitudes and personalities and likes and dislikes. I called her the wee dude the other day and she responded by bounding over to me wagging her tail like crazy.

I miss being such an active part of this amazing forum as u all helped me so much with the dude but it's been impossible for me to be here as it was just too sad and I still can't read his thread as it's too much but hopefully I plan to b around a bit more now and help out where I can.
                                Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Working...
                                X