Advocate PetTest meter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Advocate PetTest meter

Good info from your all. I ordered the Pet Test meter from Advocate. They had a reduced price and it only cost me $6.49. Based on what you've all said, I think it's a good alternative to save me a little money. I'll still keep strips on hand for the AlphaTrak though.
    Myriah
    Luna, 10 month old Great Dane, diagnosed around 12 weeks. Insulin is Novalin N. Blue Wilderness adult large breed salmon recipe with tuna, salmon or egg. Treats are carrots, green beans, and broccoli.

Comment

I decided to check the Alpha against the Advocate meter this morning.

Advocate - 181
      AlphaTrak - 190

I've pretty much switched to using the Advocate and will only use AlphaTrak now as a periodic spot check. I have a new bottle of Alpha strips and partial bottle as well on hand. Glad to be able to cut my cost in strips in half. Every little bit helps. I order the Advocate strips from Amazon in multiple boxes instead of just one at a time, which is what I did with the AlphaTrack because they were so expensive.
      Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
      10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

the first time I used both (pet test and alpha track)
        A T 87 vs PT 89 ( pretty accurate)
        AT 104 vs PT 149
        AT 115 vs PT 205
        Pet test its al over the place.....not really trusting it at the moment ( still using alpha track)
        Igregorio

Comment

Working...
        X