No announcement yet.

Maggie is an angel today! June 20, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel Eyes has had to remove tylan from their products. We used to sell a ton but the all natural product is not good and doesn't work. The vets probably lobbied to get it outlawed so they can get all the profit.
    Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

• Re: Introducing Maggie - Diabetic 8 years!

You can order Tylan on the Internet as just straight Tylan....or at
      least you could.
      Just googled and Amazon has some.

Tara
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Tractor Supply used to carry Tylan. I don't know if they do anymore, but I have bought it there in the past.
        Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

Darn, i just threw out some tylan!!! I had gotten it from an online pharmacy but had to go through vet.
          My daughter has had sibo and dose massive probiotics, but did do tylan like tx.really expensive!!!!
          Ohhh,hope little Maggie gets feeling better
          Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Amy,
            Just called tractor supply here.they carry 200 mg tylan,no rx needed. Let me know if i can help
            Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Thanks guys for all the tips. I may run out to Tractor Supply tomorrow.

It has been very up and down. I thought Sunday night that maybe we had to start seriously considering that the end was here. She was so uncomfortable and panting and just generally feeling pretty awful. But, the past couple of days have been much better so that thought is on the back burner. I thought that I would most certainly know when the time was right but every time I see her start to slide, she makes a comeback. We go through the quality of life scale that was posted here and she continues to score pretty high considering all things.

We are going back to the vet on Thursday. Fingers crossed she stays stable for a while. Of course, her allergies (and mine) are quite fierce at the moment. Her face is itching so bad.
              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Such a tough time when you start thinking those thoughts. She is quite a little fighter.

On another note, my son has a hard time with allergies. Well mine were bothering me a little so I tried the Neti pot and haven't had any trouble. I told Basil about it and he was willing to try it. It is helping so much that he even remembers to do it before school on his own. He says most of the things I suggest are weird and disgusting....but they work.

Take care of yourself, Tara
                Tara in honor of Ruby.
                She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.

Comment

Neti pots are great!
                  Last edited by Elodie; 06-07-2016, 09:41 PM.
                  Prissy, born October 2004, min pin, diagnosed 10.8.2014

Comment

Seems the problem Maggie is having from the food change. I.m thinking some meds will not go well with certain foods

Did u try a fish topper with the Nutriska like this new Tiki salmon and maybe cut back on the pain meds.

Too many changes might be a tummy problem and add a probiitic

Just adding in my thoughts
                    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

• Maggie was having these problems before the food change and actually she has improved a great deal but changing food has not completely taken care of all the symptoms. She doesn't like anything with fish.

The blood sugar is the problem - she is either sky high or really low. The four meals is not working with two doses. Gonna try to come up with a three dose schedule with nph. Anybody got a plan for that?

Comment

Wow,sorry amy.so what shes getting now is to much insulin. ..when sissy has done that,i try backing off first.sometimes it worked!!i know you will figure it out.

Comment

I wish I could help Amy, but it's almost like I have PTSD when it comes to thinking through diabetes treatment now.

The best I could say is with adding the third injection and due to her lows I would cut the two usual doses back fair amount and integrate a small middle injection. Knowing that she can get some low lows that are hard to bring her out of I would be more comfortable letting her run higher for a few days to let it all shake out.

Tara
                          Tara in honor of Ruby.

Comment

Just sending prayers and positive vibes your way.
                            Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

I can't figure out how to find Patty's thread for Ali. Did she do 3 doses or just 3 meals? I can't remember

Maybe you could change insulin to one of the shorter lasting ones?

I have no clue. rooting for you though, as always
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

No advice - just here for support.

Sending you additional super powers!
                                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X