Maggie earned her wings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maggie earned her wings.

Yeah I understand how you're feeling. I miss Rivie every day and it amazes me how the world just keeps moving around me, but I feel.. stuck in the same place I guess. Like how can life just move on without them? I actually did adopt a new companion already. It seemed too soon for a while, but I think he has helped me a lot. He gives me a reason to get up I'm the morning again. The funny thing is though, although he helps, he reminds me of how much I miss my Riv too. I see the way Archer (the new furry baby) follows my boyfriend around and just LOVES him. That's what Riv used to do with me. Life is just so weird.
    Anyways, back from my tangent, I'm glad you're doing okay. If you ever need anything, I'm always here for you. Hugs. I hope Maggie and River are being good friends at the bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
      Yeah I understand how you're feeling. I miss Rivie every day and it amazes me how the world just keeps moving around me, but I feel.. stuck in the same place I guess. Like how can life just move on without them?
      I hope you don't mind me adding to this.

The way you described how you feel Brooke took me back to when I lost my beloved Abby. I remember watching people out the window and wondering when my life would ever feel normal again.

My heart goes out to both of you.
      Tara in honor of Ruby.
      She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
      Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Hi Everyone, just wanted to check in. I am doing better, at least I am able to talk about it now with my friends. For the longest time people knew not to bring up Maggie or I would just cry. I really miss my girl but I accept that she is no longer with me. I still tear up every now and then, it has taken me this long to come to this post. Time really does start making it better for those of you who have lost your babies. I know though, no matter how much time she will always live in my heart and when it is my turn she will be there waiting for me. Thanks for all your support everyone while trying to save her, you guys are all great. When people are thrown into the same circumstances in life it seems they become like family.
        Maggie, 70 lb golden Lab. dx 12/30/11 w/d kibble with a little canned innova, boiled chicken pieces after shot for treat.. starting on Levemir 3 units. 2/25/12

Comment

Yes Diane, that will be the silver lining to my death also. To see my beloved shorthairs and my Stevie and Hubba too.
          Glad the pain is lessening. I feel my dogs around me sometimes now. I used to scare the moments away by second guessing it's reality. Now I stop what I am doing and be with whoever has come to me.
          Tara in honor of Ruby.
          She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
          Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

So glad you came back to post Diane. I know I will be the same way with Ali.
            Lifting you up,
            Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I'm happy to hear from you Diane. Even though it is do sad getting to "know" these sweet dogs who don't live long enough, I'd hate to not have them be. Hugs to you
              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So very glad you came back to let us know how you are doing! I know each day is still tough but you have shown us that it does get easier with time. I still think of Maggie now and then...she was so very sweet! Lots of hugs and take care!
                Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Good to hear your "voice" Diane...I've thought about you much and hoped that the healing was taking hold.
                  Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Comment

Hey Diane
                    Glad you checked in- just went through Maggie's album the other night and thought of you
                    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Maggie was such a great girl, almost human sometimes. I stopped my trips to 7-11 in the mornings, it was just to hard on me. 3 months after Maggie died I went there and the lady behind the counter asked how my dog was and I just fell apart right there in line. I still don't believe I am ready for another, I go back and forth with that. Still need more time,
                      Maggie, 70 lb golden Lab. dx 12/30/11 w/d kibble with a little canned innova, boiled chicken pieces after shot for treat.. starting on Levemir 3 units. 2/25/12

Comment

Diane,

So glad to see you back, think of you often, and know that I will be the same way, when the time comes.

Hugs,
                        Barb
                        Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Nice you stopped by, and it does take time to work through the grief...it does get better, but never goes away....we can all attest to that fact.

Comment

6 Months ago today. I lost my girl Maggie. Time does help but I really miss her.
                            I asked God to give her a hug for me today and let her know how much she is loved. Will see her again when it is my turn. We will meet at the bridge. In the meantime I will always remember what she meant to me and what a special girl she was and thank God for the time we got to share on this earth.

Comment

Sending hugs your way Diane. I just passed the 6 month mark on Tuesday as well so I know how you're feeling today. It's rough :-/ I hope my Rivie and your Maggie are being good friends up there. I'll be thinking of you today

Comment

I'm glad you stopped in Diane hugs to you and your angel
                                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Working...
                                X