Margaret and James' Wee Lucy - July 4, 2001 - May 6, 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Margaret and James' Wee Lucy - July 4, 2001 - May 6, 2011

I read this earlier this morning Margaret and just couldn't post then. As Peggy said, Lucy felt like such a close part of the "family" here.

Your sweet girl is truly at peace but I know your hearts are broken. Thinking of you and lifting you and James up.

Patty
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Oh, Margaret! I'm crying for you both as I write. I always enjoyed reading about your "wee Lucy."

I know the heartache you must feel. It's been five months to the day since I got to hold Ruffles for the last time before she went to the Rainbow Bridge, and still miss the pitter-patter of her feet. Now she and Lucy will play together as they wait for us.

My heart goes out to you, and my prayers are for you and James.

Love,

Mary
      Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
      Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
      Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
      Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Dear Margaret,

I'm just devastated to hear of poor Lucy's passing. I've not been on the forum for a while and just now logged on only to see this news. My heart is aching for you. I know what a wonderful mom you were to Lucy. I hope you can take heart in the fact that you did everything you possibly could to give her the best possible life. I know it takes a while, but eventually all your wonderful memories of Lucy will bring you smiles again. Keeping you close in thoughts and prayers.

And thank you Margaret for all the kind words and advice you've given to me over the past year. I hope you will stay around the forum because you still have a lot to offer others.

Carolyn
        Carolyn & Gretel - 12 yr. old mini-schnauzer - diag. Jan 2010 - lost her courageous battle with multiple issues on Feb. 17, 2014. So sadly missed by her family.

Comment

Margaret & James,

I am so sorry to hear of wee Lucy crossing to the bridge.
          I can only imagine the heartbreak you must both be feeling, she was a very lucky girl to have you both. I am honoured I had the privilege of meeting such a special girl.
          Rest in peace Wee Lucy - I am sure they have a wee seat for her by a window at the bridge just as she loved that here with you.

My deepest sympathies to you and James and you will both be in my thoughts.

Hugs xx
          Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Lucy is forever a part of the family and in our hearts always. She's left a legacy of help to future diabetic doggies. Wishing you and James a gentle journey through the grief, wrapped in wonderful memories of your sweet girl.

(((Hugs)))
            Daisy & Noodle - 9 yr old Lab mix dx 1/09 ~ 51lbs ~ 38U Humulin N, 2x ~ 1 3/4 cups am/pm Blue Buffalo dry, 1/4 can am/pm BB Wilderness.

Comment

So very sorry for your loss.

J.

Comment

So sorry for your loss, Margaret.

Otis & Bill
                Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Dear Margaret and James,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your sweet precious Lucy. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
                  Luv,

Lynne and Angel Lady 7/98-3/09 Forever in my heart

Comment

Dear Margaret.

I just got back home after an absence of 10 days and just catching up on all the posts.

I am so very sorry for your loss. Lucy was your precious wee one and very loved. I know how you are feeling right now and although we never forget them, it does get better.

Take good care of yourself. Big virtual hug your way

Louise

Comment

Margaret and James....I'm so sorry to hear of Lucy's passing. I hope your time away will bring some peace and that you will feel that peace when you walk back into your very empty house. Please take good care of yourselves....
                      Jo-Ann

Comment

Margaret -- I have not been on this forum for a couple weeks so I just learned about your loss of Lucy. Of course you know I share your grief and understand how you and James are feeling right now. After we lost Wolfie in 2009 my wife and son and I spent many hours talking about our ten years with our quirky little schnauzer and those talks did a lot to ease our pain. Fortunately we were able to laugh quite a bit about his escapades in our household through those years.

Our current guy, Willy, is about to celebrate his first birthday on May 24. Although we do have our moments about the wisdom of getting another puppy (we're in our seventies), we've not been sorry that we got him. For us, it was the best medicine. Our best to you and James.

Comment

Margaret,

I'm so sorry, I had saw your post awhile ago about Lucy, I was very sad about Lucy and just could not post.

You and Lucy have been here such a long time, its so sad I know.

Just know that Lucy and yourself helped so many others here, Lucy was a fighter a little soldier, your best friend and you took very good care of her, she'll be with you always.

Words are hard for me to say

Dolly & Angel Niki
                          Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Dolly,

I completely understand I knew you would be upset.......it brings back all the sad memories.

Dolly I am using your post to reply to all the lovely people old and new ones who sent their condolences.........they were very much appreciated and it did comfort James an me.

I must say our house is empty but not as empty as our hearts........it just hurts soooooo much I have cried every day......it does not take much to start me off.

Lucy was just so much part of our daily routine it is hard to adjust.
                            We know it all takes time and we are just taking one day at a time. I cannot concentrate on much at present. I will through time come back on and post..... I am just hurting too much.

Lucy had such a great nature loved everyone and all other dogs as well.

Everyone keeps asking us if we are having another one.......we are saying no
                            as James is 78 and I am 68 and although we would love another we have decided against it.

She was our lovely wee "Treasure" and we have lovely memories. we miss her pawing at our leg if she was wanting attention. We miss her practically talking when our grandchildren came to visit ......she just made so much fuss.

My friends husband has done a lovely photo of her so we are picking up a nice frame tomorrow ( this will help us ) We should get her ashes on Weds or
                            Thurs.

So to all you caring people James and me thank you so much for your kind words of comfort.

I "will come back on and post" in a few weeks.

James and Margaret

Rest in Peace Lucy our Wee Treasure
                            Last edited by Margaret Boyle; 05-17-2011, 07:07 AM. Reason: change
                            Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Marg

Hope you are well. Let us hear from you!
                              Forbin, miss you every day. See you at the bridge Buddy.

Comment

Hallo Everyone,

As promised I said I would post again in a few weeks.

Lucy left us 8 weeks come Frid we cannot believe it is nearly 2 months already.

We are getting there day by day it is getting a bit easier, but things that happen can start me off crying and I know this is all part of the grieving process.

Lucy was just so much part of our life. I think of her everyday and miss her so much.

I want to thank everyone for their help and support over the past 2 years, it was a God send. I am not going to post as I feel I have not much to offer now. I will pop in now and again and have a look.

I think about you all and I truly wish each and everyone of you and your fur babies all the very best. It is a marvellous forum and it has helped 100's of people and their pets.

It is a very frightening time at the start and your head is all over the place.
                                Then things fall into place thanks to Natalie, Peggy, Patty, and Dolly.

They are there for you and you begin to see things more clearly.

So once again a million thanks for all your help and caring.

Hugs

Margaret
                                Last edited by Margaret Boyle; 06-20-2011, 02:51 PM. Reason: mistakes
                                Margaret & Angel Lucy July 4 2001- May 6 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X