View Single Post
Old 04-14-2019, 08:09 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Annie: Diabetic with new Cushings diagnosis

My Annie also had cataract surgery to both eyes. The surgery was successful in one eye, but she lost vision in the other eye. In hindsight I wonder if I just wasnít attentive enough. Be prepared for follow up appointments that may add up to real $$$. Hopefully, your Annie wonít have the problems my Annie did. As Mike mentioned, expect several eye drops / ointments that are administered at different times. At one time, she was on 7 or 8 medications that I needed a matrix to remember the various scheduling😁😁.

I hope Iím not scarring you, because many pups make it through without problems.

Annie eventually went blind to glaucoma at around age 15-16 (Iím not remembering and you can check her thread). This is hard to believe, but I really think she had a better life after she went totally blind! She still went on walks and folks didnít believe she was blind. She DEFINITELY could find her food bowl😁. We had good times playing ďhide and seekĒ😁

Craig