View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 08:58 AM

Default Re: New here and overwhelmed

Take a breath...you have found a great place!! I know it's incredibly overwhelming at first, we've all been through it, but we've all made it too! There is a ton of great info on this site, but there is also a lot of great people that don't mind sharing their knowledge with you!

We try to keep Vinny to a 12 hour schedule, but you know, life happens. Sometimes it might have to be 5:30 and sometimes 6:30. We also have another dog, Bogey, that had to get used to a new schedule. He got used to it too. They adapt pretty well. In fact, they both used to graze, but now they eat when I put it down or I pick it up.

You will get the hang of this, by next week or the week after, you'll be feeling a lot more confident! We just took Vinny camping about 10 days ago...I wasn't sure we'd be able to do that and here we are 2 months after diagnosis!

Welcome to the board!
Mel