View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Senior Member and Moderator

Default Re: Since it's so quiet, how about an update?

We have been very busy ramping up for the holidays at our store. Christmas just comes earlier every year and we even had a holiday show during Halloween week. Who wants to buy Christmas outfits and sweaters when it is 80 degrees outside?

Maggie is doing good - seems to have recovered nicely from her surgery. Everyone has been doting on her and she gets non stop attention from all of our customers. She seems to be losing some of her hearing or maybe she is just being a stubborn JRT. She is into everything these days. The day we had the eye surgery, Dr. Miller was explaining the procedure so we had put Maggie down to walk around the exam room. She immediately walked over to his little wastebasket, dumped it over and started rummaging through his trash. He thought that was so funny and asked me if I was sure she was really 14. She just has days where she will get into anything within reach. She grabbed an empty Cheeto bag out of our work trash and got it stuck on her head. Then her face was orange with cheeto crumbs. Didn't affect her blood sugar at all. She scares me though with some of her antics. I dread the winter and cold weather. I hope she muddles through another winter without any major issues. I always feel like we will be lucky to get a few more months with her but I have been saying that for 7 years now, so who knows?

My brothers are both having heart issues - we have the worst genes for health issues. Our parents died at 55 and 65 years old so not great luck with longevity. Both of my brothers had heart attacks at 50 so I am wondering if I should be concerned as I am 47 now. Do women have the same risk as men?

I am glad the forum has been quiet for a while - maybe it means all is going well for everyone. I always hold my breath a little when I get on for fear that someone has lost one of their fur kids. It really hurts to hear that kind of pain from our little family here.