How the Hank Turns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: How the Hank Turns

Shellie, I'm glad you were able to make the trip to say good-bye to your aunt. And it sounds like Hank really made himself at home during his vacation - lol! My father-in-law's chow, Rocky, likes to mark whenever he comes to visit. First thing he does is come in the door, sniff, then lift his leg... We've learned to give him some time outside before bringing him in - lol! Give that Hank a big hug for me!
    Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Shellie,

So sorry to hear about your Aunt... it is hard to lose someone you love, but I bet you are glad that you went to see her, and I bet she is too.

Glad Hank did fine, other than the marking....perhaps it was his way of letting you know he didn't like being there.... who knows. Glad everyone survived, and I'm sure it was great having your pup next to you again.

Hugs,
      Barb
      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Shell,

I'm so sorry to hear about your aunt, and I remember you speaking of her quite some time ago saying you needed to visit . I'm glad you finally got to see her

Isn't it amazing how our spoiled little babies will show their displeasure by doing things they wouldn't dare do if you we're there!!!!! Oh well I guess you need to cut him some slack since it was his first sleepover without you

Hugs
        Sandy

Comment

The marking is a matter of stress in different conditions - here, I believe it is a calming signal - calm self. In effect, unavoidable result of stress in changed circumstances - to be expected!

Welcome home, Shellie; glad you went, and glad you and Hank are okay.

It's hard to lose our family members.

Lots of love and huts,
          Mon, 4 Feb 2013 22:34:41 (PST)
          http://www.coherentdog.org/
          CarolW

Comment

Glad you are home safe Shelli! Naughty Hank, but he was just telling you he was missing his mom and Im sure auntie Suzie didnt mind too much.
            Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Shellie, hope you and Hank aren't buried out there! Weatherman said CT was getting about 4" per hour.
              Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

I thought about you this morning. When I took my boy for a walk, I could see the tips of crocuses peeking through the snow. There is going to be a spring this year.
                Jeb & Glennys - 10-year-old collie mix, 54 lbs., diagnosed June 2012. 11.5 units Novolin N twice a day. Tested with Relion Prime and AlphaTrak2. Eats Hills WD.

Comment

Originally posted by jebsmom View Post
                  I thought about you this morning. When I took my boy for a walk, I could see the tips of crocuses peeking through the snow. There is going to be a spring this year.
                  Aww, what a nice post. Yes Shellie, spring is on it's way. I hope that brings your sunny posts back to us.

Tara
                  Tara in honor of Ruby.
                  She was a courageous Boston Terrier who marched right on through diabetes, megaesophagus, and EPI until 14.
                  Lucky for both of us we found each other. I'd do it all again girly.

Comment

Hey Shell
                    hows it goin?
                    Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

So sorry to hear about your Aunt...its never an easy thing to see loved ones so ill.

Glad that Hank has a nice vacation while you were gone.

Hope you are well and missed that ton of snow that dumped itself on New England.

Comment

Hi Shellie

Just wanted to say hello to you and Hank . Hope you guys are doing ok. The days must be getting a bit longer and brighter for you there so hope this helps you. Miss your posts about Hank.

Hugs to you both. Xxxx
                        Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

Hiya Shellie.
                          Hope all ok with you and Hank! Springs begining to spring here, hope it is for you both too. xxxxx
                          Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Hey Shellie,

Still out there???
                            Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Howdy one and all! Seems I like to check in every few months whether we need it or not! lol Going to try to be a bit more concientious about visiting tho!

I started a new job so poor Hank has been a bit left out lately. Poor guy managed to get thru a 12 hour day with me gone and no walk...not sure how he did it but he did! Hopefully, there won't be any more of those!

He's doing very well! Although our schedule has changed a bit and he's been getting his insulin at odd hours, seems to be ok. I haven't done a curve in ages...aiming for next weekend, I hope...would like to see where he is these days. But he seems healthy and happy and is eating well!

I finally settled on Sold Gold canned food and he likes the green one...it's beef tripe..and boy do I wish I had NEVER went and figured out what THAT is! Uber yucko!!!!! I tell myself it's green because of spinach and don't breathe too deeply while dishing it out! Vegetarians should NOT have to go thru this! LOL True love for a dog! But he's eating it and actually getting a bit of chubby going on so I'm happy! Took us long enough! I also don't give him a choice anymore...and that seems to be a big help. He gets a spoonful of the moist cat food and his dinner and that seems to work. Thank goodness! No more Mr. Pickypants! Yay!

He's still on the levemir ...a smidge over a half unit twice a day. My eyesight is going bananas over that one and I have to use a magnifying glass! I'm sure he's still spiking but when I suggested we try to use humalog in the evenings to cover that late day rise, his vet went all weird out on me. Did the 'never done' and 'can't find any literature on it being done' and 'I'd want to see a lot more evidence before I agree'. Which I understand. So I didn't pursue it at the time. Hank seems to be ok with the ups and downs...never notice anything odd behaviorally or physically so think we're ok.

His eyesight is getting a bit worse but that's not unexpected. I think he's relatively stable in that area tho...not a LOT of change. Still do the flashlight at night when we are walking so he can see where we are going and he knows the neighborhood so well, I think he could walk ME! LOL

He's still as active as he has been...doing his wigglies on the bed and walking a lot everyday! Just had his birthday...think he's 14 now? Will have to sit down and look at the year dob. Suppose it doesn't much matter after a certain point, huh? Yep, he's old! LOL

Just got him his summer cut so he looks SO damn cute! Just like a pup! Can't stop touching him...he's so soft when his fur is short! LOL Sure do love that guy!

Thanks for all the good wishes and good thoughts sent our way! My aunt did end up passing shortly after I visited which was tough but expected. Was a good thing I went to see her...hard but the right thing.

And for me...as I said, I got a new job...basically doing same thing...lab work...but it's been very hard and a BIG change....I was doing the same job for 12 years so having to learn everything new...ack! Turns out that my brain is older than I thought! LOL

So that's about it on the Hank and Shell front! I'll be checking other threads later today...have to see what all you have been up to! Probably getting into lots of trouble without Hank around to watch out for you! LOL Hugs to all!
                              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Hurray! Congrats on the new job and am happy to hear the great report on Mr. Pickypants! Perhaps you can post a new pic of him with his "spring 'do" when you get a chance!

Good to hear from you!
                                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Working...
                                X