New member Snowball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New member Snowball

7am 276 2 units given after normal meal.

9:30am 457. No idea why it jumped so high.

Comment

Starting number looks good. The 9:30 could be a number of things somewhere between food digestion, insulin absorption, lingering effects of rebounds, etc... It will be interesting to see where the next reading falls.

Comment

Took her off the gabapentin and meloxidyl this morning. She lying like she dead now. Not sure if I should give it again. I was worried about side effects. I'm also not sure if this is just high levels. She was walking around 4am when I took her out.

Comment

367 at 12:30pm.

Comment

Did the gabapentin and Meloxicam seem like they were improving her symptoms? I have never seen much effect from gabapentin in the dogs that have used it. I know one dog on meloxicam (and tramadol) long term, although I cannot say how much it helps since she is both still quite achy (13 and got nearly killed by a much larger dog 5 years ago) and I never see her off the meds to see if it’s worse I medicated. If they’re not doing anything spectacular to her symptoms, then not using them right now would be one less variable. She may also need to rebuild her reserves after the rebounds, and not doing anything is the fastest way to let her body regroup. There are definitely a lot of possible things going on that involve observing and some waiting to see what adjusts over the next couple days

Comment

She would walking sometimes and other times dead so I figured I try without it.

Comment

Yeah, that doesn't sound like it was super helpful as a treatment...

Comment

420 now at 2:54pm.

Comment

hello just popped read your thread

some advice on any treats is to read up on the ingredients and where their manufactured.
                    Alpo has fructose gum sugar. i stopped giving them to my dog.
                    in order to regulate i didnt give any treats.once regulated i gave cut up green beans

also food and the amount fed is important. read the manufacturers feed guide.
                    for an 8 lb dog.....1/2 cup twice a day.

the key to regulating your Snowball is consistency!!!
                    right amount of food. insulin according to weight and exercise.

seems 1 unit wasnt enough .... 3 units too much
                    stick with the 2 units. no changes for 7 days.
                    i.d drop the food back to half cup x 2.
                    stop all treats!!!

your doing great. keep it up.

Mo
                    Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                    20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

382 at 5pm. Definitely the readings from the past 2 days are less jumpy, but I hope they will start to go down a bit.

I also don't understand how 6pm last night was 289 and then 10pm was 174 and then 7am was 276 and yet during the day all the numbers are much higher.

Comment

blood sugars like a thermometer going up and down. wish they could talk eh!!

try not to read numbers. snowballs okay.!! wait 7 days no changes then see the curve!!
                        20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

5pm 382
                          7pm 330

10pm 273

She didn't eat much food today. She has walked a bit today, but less than other days. although not that much less that I could honestly say the pain meds did all that much. She is crying more than she did previously though.

Comment

317 at 7am and 321 at 920am.

Comment

looks like the blood sugar is starting to level on 2 units. good job.

you need to find out whats causing the crying!!!! wheres the pain?

Comment

273 at 12:25pm.

She crying again now. No idea. sometimes she crys sometimes she doesn't. I'm assuming it has to do with the trouble walking.

Comment

Working...
                                X