Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help needed please, we are so distressed

Great news, thanks for the update.
    Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Hi Krista Hoping all is well with MOO
      Dogg
      My Pal of 12 years 83.5 lbs Spayed Lab Mix Coco (Coke) Diagnosed 7/24/17--22 units (Relion)Novolin N twice a day.Feeding 1cup Whole Earth (grain free) Kibble/ 7oz's Vital Beef/BisonRaw/ 1 cube pumpkin and 1 cube black bean 2 X day

Comment

Otis Farrell and Sonny Farrell were lucky to live such a wonderful life with their Dad!!!
        Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
        https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Originally posted by kholcomb View Post
          thank everyone so much for your replies and concerns. Moo is doing much better. Her pancreas responded better to the insulin than we could have expected or predicted. Her vet has moved her back to 1 unit twice daily and we are following this for 2 weeks (on week 2 now) to give her body time to adjust and we will do a curve test in a week. She is full of energy and gaining weight like crazy which is wonderful, being as she had lost a lot of weight at the start of all this. Moo is up to 7.7 pounds and has a wonderful appetite and energy levels. I will let you guys know what happens at the curve next week. We did buy the alphatrak 2 so we can test at home, so far so good. Her pad on her back paw works best for us as her ear was not getting a good blood sample. Hopefully we are on the uphill side of this battle. I can say without a doubt, she is feeling better than she has in a long time. Her energy levels are just amazing now!

Again, thanks to everyone for your concern and compassion. I appreciate all the willingness to help. This is a scary disease and a very scary roller-coaster ride to be on.
          wonderful news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Such good news!! Slow and steady wins this race! Good luck to you and Moo!
            Mel and Vinny
            Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Working...
            X