Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pip collie lab x cushings arthritis

BAD NEWS REGARDING MY BOY.(HIS NOT IN ANY PAIN)

Pip has had a very very nasty fall,and he could not get up at all every time he trie he just can not get up this happened at 1pm today he got up on his legs at 4pm tonight and his legs just gave way .then at 6.30pmpip had another nasty fall he just doesn't seem to have the strength on his back legs to support him.i(i've used the free freeze spray he's not any pain as he will let me touch ) he needs support to go to the toilet or he will be on the floor.
    Right now he's in bed i've keeping checking on him to make sure hes ok.
    I have to coleect some medication tomorrow morning for him so will have a word with the vet.They may just say rest him for a few days.and if hes know better bring him back
    My mum says just rest him as he's been ruuning playing cat chasing and of course running of with my paint brush he has just over done it as its the first time in a long time that he's not been in any pain
    OR AM I JUST A STUPDI OVERPROTECTIVE MUM?????????
    aBOUT ME I'M NOT LOOKING FORWARD ABOUT THE SURGREY AS I HAVE VEY LONG HAIR AND THEY WILL HAVE TO SHAVE QUITE ABIT OF AND I LOVE MY HAIR. IVE BEEN DEAF ALL MY LIFE .AND IN THE LAST 9 MTHS STILL GETTING USE TO THE HEARING AID AN MY RIGHT SIDE WHICH I DO NOT LIKE AS MY WORLD HAS ALWAYS BEEN QUITE SO MY BRIAN HAS TO ADJUST TO SOUND
    TILL I TAKE MY HEARING AID OUT THEN ITS NICE AND QUITE AGAIN
    I WILL LOOK STUPID WITH MY HAIS SHAVED ON THEE LEFT WITH LONG ON THE RIGHT SIDE
    JULIE PIP

Comment

Hi Julie,

It may be that Pip has just overdone recently but I think I would have the vet check him out just to be sure. With the spray keeping his pain away, he may have hurt himself and not be feeling it like he usually would. So I would take him in....but I am an overprotective mom!

I can't imagine being in your place. Your hair will grow back just as pretty as ever, I'm sure. In the meantime, you can just set the new trend over there! But there really is a LOT of racket out in the hearing world and it's easy for me to see how it would take your brain a great deal of adjustment to deal with it. Certain types of sounds get to me, they make me anxious and I can't wait till they end or I can get away from them. I love being up in the wee hours of the morning because it is so very quiet and still. Among all the racket, Julie, you will also hear such beauty that it will bring tears to your eyes and an lump to your throat. You have a strength and courage that is admirable.

Hugs,
      Leslie and the girls
      "May you know that absence is full of tender presence
      and that nothing is ever lost or forgotten." Anne, a Corgi mom

Comment

Hi Julie,

I am hoping to "second" everything that Leslie just wrote to you! Everything she said is so right and so true. I am packing tonight for a trip (going to a family wedding), so I do not have much time to post. I won't be back until next week, but I'll be thinking of you and Pip and everyone here who is near and dear to me!!!!!

As always, sending (((hugs))) to you and to our dear boy ~
        Mariannne

Comment

Hi Lesile,

Thanks for youe advice.
          Today Pip is up and walking and his legs are not giving way when he stands up he's just pottering in the garden altough he had i little walk early this morning .;
          Spoke to the vet nurse when i collected his medication this afternoon.they advice caution and just rest him for a couple of days.and not let him oiver due as pip needs a hip replacement .but with him being a cushings he would be high dependenacy also the weight is an issues they said would do the surgery upto the age 13 or 14 these surgeon on does large dogs .Anyway lost the track becuse his a cushings pup weight is another factor he told my vet that if he did now and the hip doesn't set theres nothing left for pip so the aim is to get him down to 28kilos and go from there my vet said pip being cushings and the physio afterwards he doesn't have the stamnia as he gets tired very easily
          but if he know better after resting and taking things slowly they will get him to see a vet.
          But as we know everything that life throws Pips way he just to battle on and get over there courage hes has is amazing when i sometimes think has nothing left its like he smacks me in the face with a wake call not to give up even if he feel really poorly and you can tell by looking at he will still get his toys out and play for a while the just go off to his bed for a few hours maybe the rest of the day .
          then there are days when his plays all day running around walks everywhere i go hes there which i love cos his my boy.then a coupple days after it catches up with him and just chills out for a day or so (i really miss him when hes not following me about as we've only been away from each other for 1 night and thats when he had major surgery.and had to stay in the vets iwas gutted that i never got him own till the following day SAD I KNOW)the vet said pip would be bettwer at home with huis mum as they couldn't get him to eat they tried and treid but still so they said if i could get him to eat something i could take him home and he eat for his mum.
          sorry for boring you all if you.ve made it this far down
          Julie Pippie

Comment

Hi Julie,

You're never boring!

Pip's good days/bad days sound like me! Get up feeling good so I go and do, then the next few days I sit and moan & groan, popping pain pills! But those good days sure are nice so I don't blame Pip for ripping around when he's up to it!

Our Ruby needs a hip replacement more than likely but that's just not in the cards. She's our big baby, weighs about 50 lbs. She still climbs the stairs but it's hard on her at times. Then she has times when she jumps and romps around the living room like a puppy! I'm always afraid she'll fall and that will be that, but Jim says let her be happy and he's right. I give her Tramadol when she's in pain but that's not very often. After seeing her Xray, I know she had to hurt more than she shows! They are tough little souls, aren't they?

I'm glad Pip is feeling better and that there was nothing new for him to have to deal with!

Hugs,
            Leslie and the girls

Comment

Just a quick update on pip.

He's back running about and playing .In the next few days i will getting Pips pool so he can go and play in there and have fun while i'm getting my garden sorted out.
              My problem he has all his cushings syptoms full on i can cope with the excessive panting but the food or the drinking is getting really bad my vet won't do anything as his readings where low she say we just have to grin and bear until he has his next acth stim on 15th may? i went to collect some medication for him tonight and ask the vet nurse if the could test him for diabetes when hes in for his next acth stim she said she has tested him a few times and is happy he doesnt have diabetes (but my vet also said there was no way he had cushings)but we did the 8 hr test and he was caught at the right time as his levels where very high before and after .I say i know my dog and its not like pip to be hungry all the time and thirsty just usually when his cushings plays up and we adjust his meds and his ok .MY vet thinks its behavoiural with pip but no matter how much i feed him fresh veg and his daily allowance hes gone FOOD MAD 'I just dont know what to da anymore .
              Pip doesnt think i'm going to naughty to get food his a dog. so i cant understand this hes never been a big eater until a couple of years ago then he was diagnosed with cushings started Vetoryl and his appietite decreased just never got the weight of him which is a big problem.so something else must be going on for him to be hungry all the time,.we've done thyroid test and his low but that comes with a cushings dog .i think they are feed up with pip i sometimes wonder how he would be if he wasn't on such alot of medication
              any way thats all
              julie Pip

Comment

just a quick update Pip is doing fine he's in his pool playing and splashing everyone that walks past him in the garden .he still very FOOD MAD but he's not getting anything except his daily allowance and his veg.
                Although i dont think food will really be a problem as he likes to be in his pool all day and most of the night hes in the shade where the sun can't harm him (IT'S REALLY ABATTLE TO GET HIM OUT OF THE POOL AS he perfers playing in there andno amount of bribing can get him out pool but eventually he gets out doesnt like me very much after i ve made him get out but hey its tough being pip really NOT)
                well thats all
                julie

Comment

Hi Julie,

I'm so happy to hear Pip is doing fine and enjoying his pool.

Carol, Winnie (always), McGill & Atty Cat

Comment

Hi Julie,

I can't even tell you how big my smile was after reading about Pip in the pool. That was a great way to start my day so thanks for sharing.

Glynda

Comment

Hi Julie,

Glad to hear Pip is doing better again. Maybe being in his pool and the cool water helps his hip and joints??? Must do your heart good to see him playing and having fun. Does mine good just hearing about it.

Louise
                      Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Hi Julie,

You have been through so many ups and downs. I am glad Pip is doing better and hope you both enjoy the spring.

Scott

Comment

Hi Julie,

So good to hear this report on Pip! The pool may really help his legs feel better not to mention cool him off. It's really neat that he likes it so well!

Squirt just hates water and after her leg surgery I was told to take her swimming 4 times a week. So we would go out to the lake, I would walk out as far as I could holding Squirt, then put her in the water and she would swim for the shore like mad! Then the chase was on to catch her again and take her back out. She hated the water part but the chase was great fun and a big game to her! Needless to say, we both slept like rocks on swim days!

Hugs to you both,
                          Leslie and the girls

Comment

Hi everyone

Just to let you know things are very good with pip (i bet you are expecting bad news but i don't have any for you)he perfect playing running and just being a dog rolling cat chasing

Ihoping to put some picture's of pip in the gallery with honey my baby girl they are the last photos of us 3 before she died. (she was a very very poorly girl too and if you knew her would be able to tell from the photo. akthough i a little worried on putting her on as she was a big girl to and i don't want people being horrid about her the reason was cancer and the vet couldn't take the tumors away as if they missed one cell if would have killed her out right so i may just crop her out not sure .

Anyway going back to my lad his in top all kinds of mischief again although he does get tired very easily his still up for loads of fun i do alot of crafts and he runs of with my things when he thinks i've spent to much time crafting the other day i was sprinkling glitter and pip came up nudge me and the glitter went all over him now this is a new game for him.
                            Also he's being doing some jobs for my mum as she is disabled he helps her by pulling the washing from the machine into the basket and pushes over to the troyble dryer and put the washing in there if my mum drops anything he will pick up for her.he does quite alot for her. no one ever taught he just did _(i sometimes think pip is wasted with me as he would have been a good for the disable ) its not very often he has a grumpy mood even when he really in pain .
                            sorry for going on
                            julie pip

Comment

Hi Julie,

That makes me so happy to hear how well Pip is doing. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures in the gallery and don't you even think about cropping out Honey.

That is wonderful how Pip helps your mum! I'm sure it makes him feel so proud.

Carol, Winnie (always), McGill & Atty Cat

Comment

Julie,

Great to hear everything is still going well for Pip. That is fantastic how Pip assists your mum all on his own with no special training. Wow! Munchie needs to take some lessons from Pip!!!

Louise
                                Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Working...
                                X