Sissy became an Angel December 29, 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Sissy's Mom

I was not expecting to read this news. Like everyone else I have been in awe of how much you did for pretty Sissy. She had a wonderful life with you. So many of the "gang" from when we first joined this forum have passed on.

Please know that I am thinking of you. Big kisses to Sissy in heaven.

xoxo Judi
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Oh my....this breaks my heart. Hugs to you.
      Gus - **Angel as of March 7, 2018"
      10.5 yr mini-schnauzer, diagnosed Sept. 2015, currently 17.5 units Novolin N 2x day; diet W/D, tblsp pumpkin, Advocate PetTester tester/strips & Alpha-Trak2 for alternative (when I question weird BG readings); blind as of March 1, 2016

Comment

• Re: Sissy became an Angel December 29, 2016

Oh no, Jackie... I'm so very sorry. Given all the love and dedication and worry you have devoted to your sweet girl over the years and all of the struggles you two went through, I know you're devastated by her loss.

You were a steadfast and devoted mom... Making Sissy a very lucky girl to have you.

Sending Sissy a kiss skyward and you a hug and my deepest condolences.

Natalie

Comment

Oh no, so sorry to hear this, Jackie. You threw yourself 110% into her care and well being, which I'm sure she knows. You two shared a great life together.

I can only imagine how painful this is for you.You have my deepest condolences and prayers, and Godspeed to sweet little Sissy.
          Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

• Oh, Jackie, I am so sad - I know the grief is just so unbearable right now. You dedicated yourself to her care and your life revolved around her schedule. It is so tough - I will be thinking about you in the days ahead.

Fly free sweet Sissy! No more pancreatitis or food struggles - only the best treats and no pain or shots.
            Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

So very sorry for your great loss! I know how you feel first hand. Tears just hearing about your baby. I know you did everything you could for sissy and she knew that as well. I know they know how much we love them because they give so much love back to us. My prayers will be with you so hang in there because you know that's what she would want you to do. It does get less painful in time. Bless you.

Comment

Jackie,
                I'm so very sorry to learn that Sissy has crossed the bridge. You were an amazing advocate for her and she was lucky to have you there with her as she left this world. My heart goes out to you as I know there are no words that will ease the pain you feel. Sending a virtual hug your way and hopes that in time fond memories of Sissy will give you reason to smile again.
                Holli
                Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

hey Jackie

sorry to hear of Sissy,s passing. she didn't lose the fight life just ended early for her.

it takes a lot of dedication and patients to take care of a diabetic dog. you did that sooooo well.

of course it takes a specially strong dog to survive and you two were awesome. 4 years. wow!

you Rock Sissy, run free

mo
                  Riliey . aka Ralphy, Alice, Big Boy
                  20 lb male. 5 1/2 nph insulin. 1/2 cup fromms. black cockapoo, dx Apr 2012 . 5 1\2 yrs diabetic. 2000 to 2017

Comment

Jackie, I am so sorry for your loss. Run free sweet Sissy.

Jake
                    13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
                    At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Oh Jackie, I'm so very sorry to read this. Your love for Sissy was so apparent in all that you did for her. My deepest sympathy.
                      Lifting you up,
                      Patty
                      Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Thank all of you so much.you're very sweet. This has been the hardest couple of days,the tears don't stop. Every move I make Sissy is there..
                        I am going to make her a shadow box when I get all her things together..I have tried to print all of your comments to put in her box,but can't do it?? Is there a way someone can email them to me,then i can print them..
                        This forum has been the most wonderful source of info and friendship.I am forever grateful
                        Sissy 13 yr old Bichon, born 4/17/03, 12 lbs. Diagnoised 7/20/12. Passed away 12/29/16 in my arms. My life will never be the same again. She will always be with me. Run free my babygirl 3 ozs I/D 4 x's day. 1.75 units levemir 2 times a day. .1 mg thyroid pill, tramadol for leg pain, morning & night,Use Alphatrak 2 and Relion Confirm meters.

Comment

Jackie I tried to copy and paste and emailed you. Let me know if it didn't work.

Holli
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

Originally posted by stylynjm View Post
                            It is with unimaginable pain that my precious Sissy became an angel yesterday held tight in my arms. I can't think...
                            So sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Sissy's loved ones.
                            Brownie - 9 yr. old Yorkie, 12.7 lbs. Diagnosed March 2016, cataract blindness as of August 2016. D.O.B. 12/6/07 Alphatrak

Comment

Oh dear! I wasn't expecting to pop onto the site and see this! I am so very, truly, utterly sorry for your loss! You two made such a great team!!!!!

You did well by her - and then some.

Hugs to you and a kiss skyward to our Sissy!!!!!
                              Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Jackie, I'm so sorry to read about Sissy! 😔 I am absolutely sure she felt your love and devotion every day of her life. Be kind to yourself, a loss like this will take some time to deal with. 💔
                                I'll keep you in my prayers,
                                Mel and Vinny
                                Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X