My cat Audrey: Audrey is at peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: My cat Audrey: Audrey is at peace

Rest in Peace Audrey. I think the fact that you were with her outweighs the actual location. What a tough little cat.

xoxo, Judi
    Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

So very sorry to read about your dear Audrey.

I feel for you and send you a virtual hug.

Rest in peace sweet girl Audrey

Louise

Comment

• Audrey is at peace

Yunhee, tears for you as I read, but I agree that it was best for your dear Audrey. I'm grateful, too, for the ray of sunshine. She truly lives in your heart, and always will.

Mary
        Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
        Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
        Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
        Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Hugs to you, Yunhee...you've done the loving thing and Audrey knows it! Thinking of you!
          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

• Re: My cat Audrey has a mouth cancer

Originally posted by CarolW View Post
            The first day, for me, it has generally felt unreal, as though with a turn of my head or body, I'll see the animal who has just died (almost always, with the help of my vets and me)
            You are so right, Carol. Yesterday and this morning were unreal for me. My husband took me to a friend's house last night to see the two cats his friend was sitting for his ex-wife. It cheered me up to cuddle with cats, but when I got home and went to bed, it was so empty without Audrey. This morning when I woke up, she was not there to cuddle with me for an hour. It is amazing how a little 6 lbs creature fills your life.

I am glad, though, since her diagnosis in early August, I'd spent an hour every morning in bed, cuddling with her and telling her how much I love her. I am sure she knows that I love her with all my heart.

Comment

She knows, she knows! Hugs!!
              Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Yunhee - I apologize for not seeing this post yesterday. My heart goes out to you and hugs from far away are being sent! You are such a great mom.

Tami, Soaphie and Sydney
                Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Yunhee,

My heart goes out to you in making such a difficult decision. Even when you know in your heart that this decision is the right thing to do, it is still absolutely heart-wrenching. I am so sorry for your loss, and I know Audrey thanks you for your help every day of her life, especially her last. You're a courageous person to have been so selfless.

I wish you the best,

Kevin
                  Ozzi, Dalmatian/Australian Cattle Dog mix, 12/03/1996 - 08/15/2010. Diabetes, blind from cataracts, cauda equina syndrome, and arthritis of the spine and knees. Daddy loves you Ozzi

Comment

Thank you, Kevin, Shell and Tami
                    This morning, my predominant feeling is relief - that she is no longer in pain and suffering. I miss her terribly, but I regret that I waited too long. Without Harry's issue and James' passing, I think I would have done it two weeks ago when she started to withdraw from us. I feel bad about it, but then we did have more time to say goodbye to each other. She was a special cat - and a brave little fighter.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss of Audrey. You know, in your heart, that you did the humane thing and that she truly is at peace.

Hugs,
                      Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Yunhee, you love her so dearly and she knew that so well. Do not feel badly about wanting that time with her; she enjoyed it because she shared the love with you. The fact that she was still eating is evidence. I think the vets sensed that as well, because of their comments.

Mary
                        Ruffles May 1997~~12/6/2010~~She was "a heartbeat at our feet"~~
                        Izzy--BD unknown;~~ RIP 7/13/2013 ~~; she was a sweet Yorkie spirit and we miss her
                        Bella--Yorkie rescue; BD 9/2013 +/-; RIP 5/2015
                        Ruby--senior Yorkiepoo foster

Comment

Yunhee,

I was sadden to read about Audrey this morning. I have not been on line and just catching up.

You are incredible pet lover, and it was Audrey that was truly blessed to have you in her life. (feeling was mutual - I know).

Godspeed to Audrey...it was a long and loving road you two traveled. You will meet again someday.
                          Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

I'm with you Yunhee. I know what this feels like, as so many others do, and I am so sorry for your loss. Audrey was lucky to have you and you her. I'm happy you had each other so long.
                            Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.

Comment

Working...
                            X