Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kitty Gus

Natalie,
    I so sorry you are at this crossroads. I know whatever decision you make will be the right one but wish it was easier.
    Patty
    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Natalie,
      I am sorry about Gus. It is so heart breaking seeing these creatures suffer. I hope Gus stays comfortable. My heart breaks for you.

Comment

Natalie - I can only reiterate what Patty said. I'm sure we were all holding out for a better outcome. How are you all doing today?

Pam

Comment

Gus is doing okay - eating some and reasonably decent stools - so I have just tried to mentally set the issue aside for a while as I have so much work to do this week that I can hardly think straight.

It is hard to give up and at the same time I don't think surgery is a good choice. We knew we could get to this point when it was no longer possible to medicate him for the IBD.

Natalie

Comment

My heart goes out to you as I know it is not easy, what with Jack's problems as well.

Furry friends across the world are keeping their paws crossed for the best outcome.

Take good care of yourself Natalie
            Louise

Comment

Thanks Louise. I still need to call the vet back. Was supposed to do it a week ago and I just haven't been ready to have that conversation. I am sure he knows why he hasn't heard from me.

Natalie

Comment

Holding your hand as best I can across the ether, and marshaling the Forces of the Universe in your favor - and Kitty Gus's. And Jack's, too.

Big Hugs!
                Mon, 28 Mar 2011 23:30:18 (PDT)
                http://www.coherentdog.org/
                CarolW

Comment

Aw Nat,

I'm sorry your Gus is not well, its hard for me to say anything.

Dolly
                  Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

Gus passed away at 10am this morning.

He had been declining in energy the past couple of days and when I picked him up last night his abdomen was full of fluid. The vet checked this morning with ultrasound and there was a lot of fluid and he was so lethargic that she assumed that some or all of it was blood.

It was time - the spark in his eyes was gone...

Natalie

Comment

• Re: Kitty Gus - July 1996 - April 1, 2011

OH Natalie...I am just so sorry for your loss.

We are here for you...

Tami, Soaphie and Syd
                      Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.

Comment

Oh, Natalie, I am SO sorry to read this!

My heart goes out to you in your loss. No cat could have had a better Human CatMom than you. I know you were right that it was time.

Kwali and Kumbi from the Bridge, and Camellia and I from lowly Earth, send our deepest and warmest condolences.

Go forth in great peace, Kitty Gus!

Fri, 1 Apr 2011 11:24:12 (PDT)
                        http://www.coherentdog.org/
                        CarolW

Comment

I'm so very sorry Natalie.

Thoughts and prayers....
                          Patty
                          Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

So sorry for your loss Natalie xx
                            Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Natalie, I am so very sorry for your loss

I know just how you feel and my heart goes out to you.

Prayers and a big virtual hug your way

Louise

Comment

Natalie sorry fro your loss.

It is interesting at times how circumstances here parallel each other

On wednesday 530pm, My 13 yr old long haired torty "Quincy Jones Jefferson"
                                Went to sleep in my arms at my vets, all the same issues, by Wednesday she was full of fluid as well confirmed by Ultrasound. Her energy was gone, that Melodic meow gone, I too knew it was time.

Just way too sad to post about it, didn't want to upset Ed, they grew up together and just loved each other to pieces.

I loved her dearly, she was a rescue, found under some stairs and had many psycological going ons until she learned to trust, hence the reason she had her own room for the past 13 yrs- can't bear to go in just now and clean it out door closed
                                A very shy and very sweet girl, I will post her pic later
                                I always said that she was the sweetest cat I know
                                Eddie is a 14yr old Rat Terrier Who is very well loved.

Love, Released and All promises kept. My Heart, My Heart, My Heart

Comment

Working...
                                X