Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Munchie–11 yr. old MiniSchnauzer - Earned his wings

Louise
    I am so so sorry about your beloved Munchie . It was good that you were with him at the end to help him on his way. I feel so bad for you and wish I could do something to comfort you. You did everything you could for Munchie and were a fantastic Mum to him.
    Anne-Marie and CJ Westie , Born 13 Jan 2004, dx May 2012, Weight 9.5kg, 6 iu Caninsulin Twice daily. Mixture of food - baby formula and mixture of chicken and vegetables . 4-6 feeds a day due to pancreatitis which is under control.

Comment

I haven't posted in your thread, but I have been following. You did everything you could for Munchie, and I know he knows how much he was loved. I'm so sorry for your loss.
      Mandy and Piper | Border Collie/GSD Mix | 01/01/2002-10/31/2015 | DX: Diabetes- 09/18/12, Bladder tumor- 09/18/14

Comment

I am so sorry. I wish I could think of something to say that would make you feel better. (((hugs)))
        Run free sweet Munchie.

Jake
        13 years old, diagnosed Sept. 24, 2012
        At the rainbow bridge, Nov. 12, 2016

Comment

Oh no I'm so very sorry. Sending hugs your way. I'll be thinking of you today

Comment

Louise... I'm heartbroken to learn of Munchie's passing.

I don't kinow whether the test results from the vet visit yesterday will give you some answers... I think Munchie's diabetes may have been a symptom more than a primary diabetes given how unstable he was and all of his other health issues.

We did every noninvasive test we could, including cardiac and abdominal ultrasounds - with Chris and still never knew where the tumors in his lungs came from - they were very likely secondary to cancer elsewhere. We knew he was failing and he went through mysterious spikes in blood sugar and periods of refusing to eat his current diet.

We did a chest x-ray to check on his heart, thinking he might be in congestive heart failure, and found masses in his lungs instead. He passed away just a couple of weeks later when he started bleeding into his upper GI from the tumor. Without that x-ray intended for anothe purpose, we would have had no idea why he was suddenly bleeding.

I think there was a lot more going on with Munchie than anyone knew... you pulled him through so many issues and I know how much more painful it is to lose the battle after you've won so many battles in the past. It's easy to forget that Munchie wouldn't have been with you years ago but for all that you did for him.

You were a blessing his life and I know he was a blessing in yours.

Natalie

Comment

Louise,
              I am so very sorry for your loss of Munchie and so sad to hear it. With deepest sympathy,
              Janie

Comment

Louise I am so sorry to see this today. I know how distraught you were yesterday and you have my deepest sympathy

Munchie knows he had a great mom who would do anything for him and it was a blessing that he could go peacefully in your arms.... He felt the love till the end

Prayers for your healing and run free at the bridge munchie

Sandy

Comment

Oh Louise,

So very very sorry for your loss - sleep tight little Munchie.

Hugs

Allison
                  Alfie- 11 1/2yrs. 8kg diagnosed June 2008. Insulin - NPH, Novorapid & Caninsulin - a work in progress! Dx left brain neuro focal lymphoma 4th Dec 2012, still fighting on!.

Comment

Dear Louise

Although I have not posted on your thread, I have been following it daily and know how many battles you fought and won for your beloved Munchie. Sadly, the last one could not be won however, he died in your arms knowing how much you loved him.

It is always so sad to read about the passing of one of our furbabies however, your baby is now pain free.

Rest in peace Munchie

Take good care of yourself

Louise

Comment

So sorry for your loss. I have been reading your thread each day. It was obvious how much Munchie was loved. Sending prayers and good thoughts your way.

Comment

Oh Louise,

I am so very very sorry for your loss of sweet Munchie. With so many previous battles won, I thought he would go on forever. Of one thing I'm certain- the love you and he share will last forever. You were an amazing mum to Munchie and did everything you could for him.

Thinking of you at this devastating time, and sending love from across the waves.
                        With deepest sympathy
                        Jane and Franklin, 8 years, maltese, currently 6.4kg, Australia. Cushing's with elevated hormones dx'd 2009/2010, proteinuria, epilepsy, diabetes dx'd July 2012. Phenobarb 30mg bid, 3mg melatonin bid, lignans sid, caninsulin 4.8u bid (a work in progress). Diet- home cooked. Blind from cataracts January 2013, sighted from surgery February 2013.

Comment

So Sorry Louise to hear of little munchies passing. This is terrible news and you are in my thoughts. I have no words to offer any more comfort but think he would have known that you did everything possible for your friend and he is at rest peacefully.
                          Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

I still can't stop crying but I needed to come back and say thank you to everyone for all your kind words. There is a huge hole in my heart right now. I miss my little silver shadow following me from room to room. You wouldn't think that four soft paws on a carpet could make a sound but their absence is surely noticed. Mom will love you always my little MunchMan.

Louise
                            Munchie, 11 yr. old Mini-Schnauzer, 23.2 lbs., diabetes 10/24/12. 8 units Novolin N 2xdaily.

Comment

Dear Louise,

I haven't been around much but I have been following you and Munch's struggles both here and K9C. I am so sorry to hear Munch has passed and know how heartbroken you must be. I have heard it said that tears are cleansing but I am not sure I believe that but I do know you need to let them flow.

After the tears try to remember the good times and I am sure there are many. Munch has no more pain and left knowing how much you loved him.

Take care of yourself.

Jenny

Comment

Louise,

Sorry to hear Munchie has moved on. You two had alot of great times together. Remember those times!
                                Buddy is a 7 year old miniature Schnauzer who originally weighed 30 pounds and now weighs 21 pounds. He eats 1/4 cup Honest Kitchen Zeal, 3/4 cup baked Alaskan Salmon, 1/4 cup Royal Canin Diabetic, 1/2 cup green bean or broccoli, plus 1 inch banana twice daily and is given 5 units Novolin N twice daily after his meals when he eats at 7 am and 7 pm.

Comment

Working...
                                X