Lily - My English Setter became an angel April 24, 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Lily - My English Setter

Its important to update our pups to see how they are doing and you very good about doing that mike

yeah jesse is definitely getting older but thats ok it how life works .
    Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
    Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

I think that I’ve found a solution to Lily’s reluctance to eating her breakfast. For the past 3 weeks, I’ve been adding a layer of crushed PureBites Freeze Dried Chicken Breast to the bottom of her bowl and so far, so good.

In the meantime, she enjoys spotting squirrels in the back yard...

Lily is a 62 lb English Setter, born 07-27-2007.
      Diabetes: Aug 2013
      Went peacefully to heaven on 04-24-2021
      Video in Lily’s memory: https://www.facebook.com/10000201631...3260300417807/

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMurphy View Post
        I think that I’ve found a solution to Lily’s reluctance to eating her breakfast. For the past 3 weeks, I’ve been adding a layer of crushed PureBites Freeze Dried Chicken Breast to the bottom of her bowl and so far, so good.

Squirrels come on to this side of the fence you will have more fun

Thats good news mike. Eating can be challenging for some diabetics and as dogs get older like humans appetite may decline
        Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .

Comment

Originally posted by MikeMurphy View Post

The overwhelming joy it brings when we find that our babies are doing well..Chicken is what turned Suzie around with eating. However, even though the DVM encouraged even more chicken, he now is watching her BUN=39 (from 34), stating, "Don't change diet yet until we repeat the BUN"= 7/1/2018. So....now searching for? something to sub chicken with if need be. I am so glad that Lilly is liking her meals..She is so beautiful and looks soooo good.. Lilly is sooo loved by you
          Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
          https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Happy Birthday to my girl, Lily. She’s 11 years old today and going into her 6th year with diabetes.

Here she is trying to stay cool on a breezy day. It’s been a hot summer around here.

And showing off her bandage after stepping on a thorn and getting an infection. She’s on antibiotics for the infection.

Comment

Happy birthday Lily

you and your partner have done a wonderful job and hope to see many more years ahead of you and living a happy dogs life

Its been hot here to. I have to bring a gallon of water to pour on jesse before she has her rabbit chase . Fortunate for us we have a dry heat and the water creates evaporation cooling kind of like us when we sweat

Living in the desert we have the land of the poky poky and jesse has it down to a science pulling them out with her teeth . Funny girl

keep up the good work mike

Comment

Gives us all hope and encouragement that diabetes, as I know with even myself, is very manageable and livable.

And I live across the lake from you Mike, in the Toronto area, so I know the humid heat. But nothing but rain off and on for the last week. Grass is green again.
                Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.

Comment

Happy Birthday to Lily, Mike, ... and KUDOS to you for providing her with amazing care. ... Hoping your girl has many more to celebrate!
                  Otis Farrell dx'd 12/10, best friend to his dad, Bill, for over 14 years. Left this world while in his dad’s loving arms 10/04/13. Sonny Farrell dx'd 1/14, adopted 5/15/14. Left this world while in his dad's loving arms 9/06/16. Run pain free, you Pug guys, til we're together again.

Comment

Bill, Raysaint and jesse girl... thank you.

We had a refreshing cold front come in from Canada last night. No rain, but way more comfortable today.

Comment

Happy Birthday beautiful Lily!
                      Daisy 12 1/2 y/o 20lb Mini Schnauzer - 115g chicken breast, 45g chana dal, 55g green beans all chopped in a food processor, 20g Hills Perfect Weight, 1 tbs pumpkin, 8 units Novolin N q12h. Other meds-1/4t d-mannose twice daily, 1 Proviable DC daily, 1 multivitamin, 1/4t ground eggshells each meal, 1200mcg methyl B12 daily, 5mg zyrtec daily

Comment

Happy Birthday, Lily. Stay cool!

Bonnie and Angel Criss Ann

Comment

Thank you Bonnie and Daisydog.

She had a good birthday, even though I messed it up a bit by being 3 hours late with her morning insulin. Then her PM fasting BG was 62. So I waited until her BG was over 200 and gave her a reduced dose.

Everything was back to normal this morning

Comment

OMG poor Lilly's foot..HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUNG LADY!!!!!YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!! ENJOY!!
                            Squeaker, 15yo, 8.4 lbs, chihuahua, diagnosed 4/26/2021. Diabetes Mellitus 1 +Adrenal Dependent Cushings.
                            https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...wD4/edit#gid=0

Comment

Happy Belated Birthday, Lily!
                              Maggie - 15 1/2 y/o JRT diagnosed 9/2007, Angel status on 6/20/16. Her mantra was never give up but her body couldn't keep up with her spirit. Someday, baby.......

Comment

Oh Mike! I'm sorry we missed Lily's birthday! I hope it was celebrated well!
                                Mel
                                Mel: My monster is Vinny! He's a black lab, diagnosed with diabetes June 21, 2013. His birthdate was celebrated the last weekend of May. He left this world on July 27, 2018, he was 12 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X