View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 08:17 PM

Exclamation Re: Newly Dx: Ruby, my foster rescue Yorkie mix

Well, we are not yet friends. This morning was a hassle with her injection. After 3 tries, I used the U100 syringe, which I already had. Much easier!!! May just switch to them. (Had to make a conversion of 2.5 to 1 units.) When we woke up this morning, she had spit up a little during the night. No way to tell if it was pancreatitis or a hypo, so she got some honey and a treat, just in case. Ate her breakfast OK, but slowly, which is not unusual. I waited a few minutes before trying the injection and then it took a while, so the kibble and topper had plenty of time to begin working. She has been fine all day. the Alpha Trak was delivered to the rescue this afternoon, so I picked it up tonight before her evening food with hopes for a fasting BG at 9 pm.

However, we did not get a fasting BG reading. I cannot get the Alpha Trak to respond to the control liquid. Is there a secret to using this thing? It is very different from the one we used with Ruffles; of course, that was 10 years ago, so there have been advances since then. But the instructions seem disjointed for Alpha Trak. I got the code set up right according to the manual. But I have ruined two test strips trying to get the control to work. Can anyone give me some pointers, please? TIA