View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Alphatrak test strips? where do you buy them?

I buy them on either Amazon or Chewy but they are $50 for 50 strips. I also buy the Bayer Keto Diastix Urine strips and I test him throughout the day with both. It really helps to stretch out the test strips for a couple months at least. I always felt really bad poking him so many times per day especially if I did a curve for a few weeks I kind of knew his pattern so I use the test strips just tosee if he was high or low in general. I would use the test strips at key times in the day like first time in the morning maybe later afternoon and right before his meal.

I don't know where you live but I live in Michigan and I go to CVS pharmacy all the time and when I get a 40% off coupon I can use them for the strips. It has saved me a lot of money.
15 yr old, Atypical Cushings, Pancreatitis, Allergies. 13.2u Vetsulin 2x a day. Royal Canin Glycobalance 1 cup 2x Day with 3 teaspoons boiled chicken. Snacks Green Beans. Tylan Powder, Purina Fortiflora, Flax Hull Lignans 35mg 1x day.

Last edited by YukiesMom; 12-09-2019 at 05:26 PM. Reason: Just found out dog is recently diagnosed