Coconut and Virgin Coconut Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coconut and Virgin Coconut Oil

Was reading at the Cushings forum about this helping IBD and also some of the sites mentioned it for dogs not being able to get up so well.

Where do you buy virgin coconut oil ? Would it be ok for diabetic pets.
    Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Re: Coconut and Virgin Coconut Oil

I use virgin coconut oil personally for everything from cooking to body and hair moisturizer. I buy a 16oz container at Walmart for about 10.00, it can be found in the vitamin section. I've also seen it in any health food store. It is used by many type 2 diabetics with success in helping to control their diabetes.It's benefits are tenfold. It is used in treating a wide variety of diseases, from liver disease, to cancer, gallbladder disease, osteoporosis, viral infections and diabetes to just name a few. Eileen

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Originally posted by eileen View Post
      I use virgin coconut oil personally for everything from cooking to body and hair moisturizer. I buy a 16oz container at Walmart for about 10.00, it can be found in the vitamin section. I've also seen it in any health food store. It is used by many type 2 diabetics with success in helping to control their diabetes.It's benefits are tenfold. It is used in treating a wide variety of diseases, from liver disease, to cancer, gallbladder disease, osteoporosis, viral infections and diabetes to just name a few. Eileen
      Thank Eileen !!
      Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday

Comment

You're so welcome. I might also add that you need to watch those that advertise their product as being 'Extra Virgin' as there is no such thing. They seem to try to use this term to promote the oil as being better thus charging higher prices. Pure coconut oil is just that...virgin. A great resource book is called, ' The Coconut Oil Miracle', by Bruce Fife. It discusses in depth the mis conception of coconut oil being a bad oil and for so many years seen as being unhealthy when in fact it is not.Eileen

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Dolly, here is a link that explains the difference on how coconut oil is processed.

http://www.tropicaltraditions.com/wh...oconut_oil.htm

I personally would only purchase coconut oil that is organic. This is something whether I used it for myself or my dogs that I wouldn't go cheap on.

HTH Carla

Comment

Thanks Carla

Comment

Just to clarify....my respose in watching how a product is being promoted by some using the word 'extra' is only to try and make it seem 'better', when in fact virgin is virgin whether it is 'extra' or simply 'virgin'. I agree that cheap is not always best and one needs to be an informed consumer. Eileen

Comment

Working...
              X