Relion N will be Humulin N

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Relion N will be Humulin N

My local Walmart had the Humulin N Relion when I purchased a few weeks ago. They did bring me a bottle of Novolin N first (must have been older stock), but brought me the Humulin N bottle when I asked for it.
    Tricia and Lily
    Border Collie Mix, dob 12/23/04, dx 1/08, 50lbs, Humilin N- 6 units AM & 6.5 units PM. Diet: 1/2 can Merrick Cowboy Cookout and 1 cup CORE red. fat 2xday.

Comment

As of 2 weeks ago my Walmart had both - and asked me which one I wanted. I switched to the Humulin and haven't seen any change in Rowlf's numbers. - sheureka
      Rowlf - 13-yr-old 15-lb Bichon Frise diagnosed May 2009 - Relion (Humalin) NPH 4.5 units 2x daily - 1/2 cup Royal Canin 2x daily

Comment

Here in yooper country, as of yesterday, it's still Novolin N. Pat

Comment

I checked this evening at our local WalMart here in Central PA and they are now selling Relion Humulin N and the pharmacist told me he he does not even have any of the Novolin N. I didn't need to purchase any yet, just wanted to see if they had it and I forgot to ask him what the price is.
          Carolyn & Gretel - 12 yr. old mini-schnauzer - diag. Jan 2010 - lost her courageous battle with multiple issues on Feb. 17, 2014. So sadly missed by her family.

Comment

Here in Northern California, our Walmart still has Novolin N. I actually forgot to ask if they had the Humulin N, so I don't know if they have both.

Comment

Originally posted by oahu View Post
              Here in Northern California, our Walmart still has Novolin N. I actually forgot to ask if they had the Humulin N, so I don't know if they have both.
              Here in Central California I asked the Walmart Pharmacy if they still have ReliOn Novolin N in stock, the tech said yes as she looked in the fridge and tilted a case of bottles towards me....

She also showed me a bottle of ReliOn Humulin N, so at least at my pharmacy, and as of yesterday, they had both.
              When I asked the price on the Humulin I was told it is the same as the Novolin.

Eileen and Mildred, 12 yo Border Collie Mx, 24.6 pounds, dx diabetic/hypothyroid 2004, gallbladder removed 2005, cataract surgery 2005, spindle cell sarcoma removed 2009, stroke 2009, tail removed 2011, dx with bladder cancer 2011, CDS, Organix~chicken / NPH,Humalog

Comment

Just moving this up the page for anyone new to the ReliOn switch and seeking more information.

I just posted in the insulin poll thread. We made the switch 9 days ago and so far Noodle's numbers are consistent. Tentatively doing the happy dance since this cuts our insulin costs in half. I'm sure the saving will be eaten up with new expenses related to his more recent issues, but it will be nice to have that extra to add to the pot.

We participated in a discount savings program at Walgreen's where we previously purchased his insulin. Because of the program, we always needed a prescription. Feels strange to be able to just walk in the door, ask for insulin, and have them hand it right to you, lol.
                Daisy & Noodle - 9 yr old Lab mix dx 1/09 ~ 51lbs ~ 38U Humulin N, 2x ~ 1 3/4 cups am/pm Blue Buffalo dry, 1/4 can am/pm BB Wilderness.

Comment

There's not much reporting of the experience here, but thought I'd bring this forward. It was October 2010 when Walmart, which had used Novoling N for it's Relion N for years, switched to Humulin.

Natalie

Comment

One last thread to bump... guess maybe I should merge them but that might be confusing.

Comment

Working...
                    X