X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Testing to Learn Changing Title -

random post to show a signature

Testing to Learn Changing Title

Due to some problems posting, I'm putting this here to see if it will show up!

Wolf

Comment

Testing to Learn Changing Title

test with new avatar
      Beau Crossed on 09/16/13 (RIP Beau) 13 yrs. 95 lbs. Black Lab. 34 units Vetsulin x2 8oz. Kirkland Super Premium Adult Dog Food x2 - Cataracts removed in 2012 Please visit Beau's Dogbook Page -http://apps.facebook.com/dogbook/profile/view/8282604

Comment

Test Thread 2

Test merge across forums
        Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Re: Testing to Learn using editors - to post pictures

Aha; I just visited the User CP. Kevin had mentioned the toolbar, but I was set to use the Basic editor, and I didn't HAVE a toolbar. I just went to the next level up, and now I see a toolbar. I'll have to play with this to find out how to post a picture!

There! just put in my first smiley ever! Now, I have to go find the URL for a picture to post. One of mine, of course.

I don't know if this will work, because I'm set on Coherent Dog to prevent hot-linking! Anyway, this link is to a page, rather than to a picture, but the page contains the picture I'm thinking of.

Well, I can see right away, a link to an image doesn't work if you are in fact linking to a page, not an image! So now I need to go look in my photo album here.

I think I got it; let's see. This is the Patience Hat Vekkie wears and offers to forum members.

Looks as though that should work.

Now I'm worn out, from playing with new, scary stuff! I always (usually; ha!) work in plain text only! That's partly because I'm on dial-up.

Fri, 14 May 2010 02:24:08 (PDT)
          Playing in the middle of the night, as usual. Kumbi says, it's BEDTIME, Mum! Okay, Kumbi; I'm coming!
          http://www.coherentdog.org/
          CarolW

Comment

Re: Testing to Learn Changing Title

Hey Carol,
            Hmm...All I see is a red X in a square window
            Patty
            Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

Patty - that's better than what I see- what I see is just a blank space!

I saw an "[IMG]" code (or something like that) in there before I saved the post, but not after I did!

Guess I need to review the instructions! I went back to the basic editor, so now I don't even have a toolbar, and can't try again now. Too tired, anyway! But I'm not giving up! I'll be back; haha!

Sat, 15 May 2010 00:21:11 (PDT)

No, Kumbi, I WON'T stick you again tonight!
              CarolW

Comment

Re: Testing to Learn Changing Title (posting pic)

Now I'm going to try this again, after running into instructions in the Diabetes Discussion forum.

Hope to post a copy of Vekkie's Patience Hat, which is in my photo album here.

There! That's not what I did the LAST time, and now, I see a little icon that looks as though it stands for an image.

So maybe it will work THIS time.

Also,I changed my editor settings to use the Advanced Editor, which I didn't do before, either - used the middle one.

Sometimes - usually - it takes me a lot of tries to learn!

Incredibly, Kumbi came to see me - right at his Prick-Time, poor boy, so, of course, in the middle of writing this, I stopped to prick him.

We're getting to nadir time; I'm working on trying to reduce what looks like rebound. Well, it's somewhere around Day 3 of this, and I've resisted the temptations to change the current dose I chose of 6.0 iu of Novolin-NPH - and - at 15:30, a common nadir time, we have 6.3 mmol/L, which is 114 mg/dL. Don't want to be dropping much lower than that! But will test again at five.

And eventually, report in Kumbi's thread on the Diabetes Discussion Forum.

Wed, 19 May 2010 15:38:22 (PDT)

I don't see a thing! Maybe it's my settings for READING!

Who knows! That's my last effort on this for the moment! I'll be back, though!

Hey! Wonder if I forgot to actually INSERT the image, from my clipboard! I'll try that now. Nope; can't do it from where I am.

Wed, 19 May 2010 15:42:20 (PDT)
                CarolW

Comment

Re: Testing to Learn Changing Title - pics - permissions?

Maybe the reason pictures don't show up in my posts is that I don't have permission to attach files to messages?

Wed, 19 May 2010 23:49:33 (PDT)
                  CarolW

Comment

Having a go at posting some pics:

and another go with slightly different BB code:

Last edited by AlisonandMia; 05-20-2010, 02:14 AM.

Comment

And the difference? It's a minor difference in the BB code. I've put a "*" in the stop it working so you can see it as text. (I've also bolded the important word so copying this via copy and paste won't work):

(The one that didn't work)
                      [*IMG]http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/album.php?albumid=138&pictureid=765[/IMG]

(and the one that did)
                      [*IMG]http://www.k9diabetes.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=138&pictureid=765[/IMG]

Why it works this way I don't know - but that is the way it is!

Alison
                      Last edited by AlisonandMia; 05-20-2010, 02:22 AM.

Comment

There are two ways to get the right URL for the picture. One is to simply delete the first "album" and type in "picture" - which is what I did here.

The other way is to go to the album via the user profile then, once you are viewing the picture you want, you right click on it and select "Open in new tab". Once you are there (the new tab) copy the URL (it will have "picture" instead of "album" and so will work.)

Alison

Comment

Working...
                        X