Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:58 PM
Founding Member

Default Re: Jenny 11 y/o Poodle

you guys always make me feel so much better. I'm sorry I'm not thanking each of you individually but this group has kept Jenny alive so many times.

I think I got the horrid pill down her tonight and she ate again (she even eats the cottage cheese vs. pulling a Maggie and rolling in it! )

this is just my swamped time at work and if I try to take work home she wants to be held.

I'm going to try it again tonight.

you are all wonderful to my whiny self. Jenny & I (and my husband) thank you

on a side note my husband had an employee who has made her dislike for him very clear come up to him the day after Jenny was hospitalized. Her dog had almost identical symptoms and she was embarrassed to be asking to take time off for her sick dog. She almost fell over when he told her to get out of there and take her dog to the vet! LOL He said all he could think of was me & jenny.
Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 PM

Nice that your husband let his employee take time for her pup. Sorry Jenni is having problems. I'm not much help as most people have said what I know. Kaibo has always recovered fairly quickly from his bouts and always loves his food so he still wanted to eat. Silly pup. Hope she feels better soon!
Old 02-27-2014, 06:05 AM

Judi,

Still sending more positive thoughts and prayers your way. Glad to hear that Jenny took her medicine and that she ate.

And for the record, no way I think you are being whinny.
Judy (and Sadie) ~ 12 yr. old Lab Mix |Weight: 62 lbs |Diabetes Dx (12/28/2011), Pancreatitis 1/2014 | Diet: 1 1/2c Flint River Ranch Senior Plus Formula with 1/2c Boiled chicken + 1/2c broth|Insulin: Novolin N 25 units 2x daily |Meds: Mirtazapine, Pepcid, Sucralfate, Tylan + B12 capsules | Meter: OneTouch Ultra2| BG Range: 150-404mg
Old 02-27-2014, 07:22 AM

I check in every day to see how Jenny is doing. From a distance, I can see some movement forward however small. It's hard to see it when we're in the midst of it. Praying today will be better than yesterday!
Mel
Old 02-27-2014, 03:31 PM

Judi.

Sending more prayers in hopes that Jenni does better. Patience, can be so hard at times.

You guys need a break!
Barb
Old 02-27-2014, 05:54 PM

Once again, I wish some of us lived closer to each other!! Just to be able to give each other a break!!! How's the little girl doing today? Keeping my fingers crossed for good news!

Sandy
Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 PM
Founding Member

thanks everyone, you are all so thoughtful! I made a pill pocket out of one of her freeze dried liver treats and she ate it! yay!

the pain meds make all the difference. She ate, her blood sugar was decent. So fingers crossed we are on an upswing again.

Jenny and I really appreciate all of your kind thoughts. She is getting lots of belly rubs and just assumes that she is supposed to get all of these belly rubs
Old 02-27-2014, 06:57 PM

Judi, glad she took her medicine sending healing hugs your way.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:32 PM

She is supposed to get all those belly rubs. Hope she's having a good day today.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:33 PM

Judi,

Love that Jenny can still maintain her diva status and still keep you wrapped around her paws - always say what good are pets if you can't spoil them?

Hoping things continue on an upswing. Give her a belly rub for me too.
Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!