Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 10-15-2018, 03:31 PM

Default Re: New member Snowball

266 at 6PM.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:55 PM

272 at 9:54PM. Why do the numbers seem to be much lower at night?
Old 10-16-2018, 04:34 AM

304 at 620am. Tried 2.5 this morning. She was walking from 615 to 7am now she can't walk again. Walked also at 1040 last night
Old 10-16-2018, 06:07 AM

168 now at 9am. I just gave her probably 3/4 of her food as well, she didn't eat a lot of it this morning and I had to leave.
Old 10-16-2018, 07:40 AM

are her bowels being regular? did she go last night?
if she didnt maybe her bowels are getting blocked up then she wouldnt wajt to eat this am.

is she crying?

you could try some dog digestive enzymes to help her with her stools seeings how she cant exercise the poop out
Old 10-16-2018, 07:49 AM

She didn't go last night, she peed. My wife said she peed and pooped twice this morning.

She was crying in her bag while I drove to work. I thought maybe she had to go to the bathroom so I stopped and let her try to go, but by that time she was in the not standing up phase so she wouldn't go. Now she is just lying here like she is half dead. She hasn't been crying though at the office that I have heard.

Her eating the meal late didn't help matters. I'm waiting to see if she perks up later. the not walking appears to correlate with her also being almost comotose so it clearly appears to have to do with the diabetes and regulation.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:09 AM

276 at 11AM. Clumpy as I like to call her when she just falls down in a clump when I pick her up has decided to stand and drink some water for a few seconds before she settled back down. Thats a plus.
Old 10-16-2018, 10:25 AM

408 Now at 1PM. She just peeded and now has decided to stand up and drink some water. Obviously she appears to have weakness in the back limbs at times, but it appears she is quite lathargic. She seems to be waking up now. I"m afraid to have the blood sugar too high, but I"m thinking maybe I should lower further down from 2 and see if she has more life to her?
Old 10-16-2018, 12:21 PM

400 at 3PM. She got up for a few seconds to drink and she walked to the office next to mine to get her treat. (she not allowed to get them anymore, but she doesn't know that). She stumbled a but she is determined. As I"m typing she stood up for a second to drink some water. What do I do to get her to stop being so tired?
Old 10-16-2018, 12:33 PM

Don't think reducing her dose will help, looking at those numbers. For a small dog, the sugar levels in the 400's could make her tired, as high sugar makes any diabetic tired.
I'd be aiming for better numbers, and that means a slight increase.
But whatever you do, raise it or leave it, don't change it for at least a week.
Riley, 8 yr. old maltipoo, 25 lbs., diagnosed Feb 2017, taking thyroid meds, had pancreatitis and DKA mid March, eating Wellness Senior formula can food. NPH dosage now at 9.0 units Humulin N. Adding either pumpkin, spinach, blueberries, yams, or green beans to his food. Also omega-3 oil.