Update on Shadow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Update on Shadow

Oh that's awesome! Hank also has a favorite vet tech who we don't get to see very often since she works in the back most of the time but was caring for him during his ketone/diagnosis hospital stay. Apparantly, he was in a cage that most folks walk past and he got lots of attention! LOL But as I've said, most of the folks there are so awesome and so good with Hank that I never worry over that aspect when he or the girls have to go there.
    Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Great news. It is always good to get good results! Shadow must be a charmer for sure.
      Barb & Abby 12/24/1999-12/31/2013 ~ dx 5/10/2011 ~ Forever in my heart ~

Comment

Hi everyone...haven't been around much...we were in AZ for 2 weeks, and while there, hurricane Sandy decided to take a detour through our little town and we suffered some damage, which we are now dealing with. Nothing that displaced us or is as devastating as many that have been affected, but a minor inconvenience when compared to others. Waiting on a contractor to come by tomorrow to see if the repairs needed will jive with the insurance adjusters assessment. I'm sure it will drag on, but thankfully, so far the insurance company has been quick to respond and for that we are thankful.

Shadow is doing quite well, and he had a stay-with family stay-cation while we were in AZ. He did very well with his sitters and was good for them with injections etc. LOL...I typed up a full page of this and that scenarios and instructions to leave behind felt it was better to put it all down on a piece of paper then try to explain it all and then they have questions or just think 'what did she say to do?'....we missed him, but he was well taken care of. I was a little nervous leaving him, not that he wouldn't be well taken care of, but just the amount of extra care he now requires and asking someone to do it! He has always stayed with them, just not with his new found condition. This was our first time leaving him since his diagnosis...he even went on an overnight trip to our inlaws beach home so they could check on possible hurricane damage, which fortunately there was none and he did fine! He was quite the center of attention, he had to spend 1 night back here at the house, and our son came and stayed with him that night. The inlaws who sit him had their son and family visiting and their dog and Shadow do NOT get along at all.

Hope everyone's four footed kids are doing well...I see Hank has some issues, Shellie, hope his vet visit goes well!

Comment

I was beginning to wonder where little Shadow had run off to! LOL Glad you are ok in the storm. It was pretty bad for so many that it sounds like you got off lucky! Wasn't bad here but Hank would NOT go out for the entire day, thought for sure his bladder would explode.

Sounds like he had fun while you were away...except for the other doggie part. Center of attention is a good place to be! Glad all is going well! Hugs! And belly rubs to shadow!
          Shell and Hank (aka Mr. Pickypants) - now deceased (4/29/1999 - 12/4/2015) Cairn Terrier mix who was diagnosed 8/18/2011 and on .75 U Levemir 2Xday. Miss you little man!

Comment

Really pleased to hear that shadow is doing well, Jayne, and sorry about the damage to your home in the storm, Looked very scary on our TV coverage, so glad you are all ok and hope your house gets mended soon and life gets back to normal.
            Pippa; Westie, diagnosed 17th April 2012 at 6.5 years old, 8.7kgs, 6.8 units canninsulin bd, Burns high oats food . Lives with George 9 (Black lab), Polly 19 (cat) and Basil 15 (diabetic mog for 5+ years). Im Jen and we live in West Wales where it rains too much!

Comment

Happy to read the update on Shadow - she does seem to be doing well. Sorry you experinced some damage with the storm but am glad overall everyone is okay. Hoping things get back to normal soon for you.
              Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

so glad Shadow's staycation went well
                Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thank you all! Shellie, Shadow thanks you for the belly rubs!!

Comment

Good to hear Shadow did well! Hope you don't have too many repairs to make.
                    Patty and Ali 13.5yrs 47lbs diagnosed May '08 Ali earned her wings October 27, 2012, 4 months after diagnosis of a meningioma ~ Time is precious ~

Comment

What a lovely update apart from the storm damage. Glad it wasn't too bad for your home.

Natalie

Comment

Shadow just recently had his 10th birthday and his 7th anniversary of being part of our family and 1 year of being diagnosed with diabetes. Lots of milestones for him.

Time flies...he is hanging in there and really seems to be doing well. He is due for his checkup, so we will see just where he stands after that happens.

We are thankful he is still with us and doing well. and it really is hard to believe we have been going at this diabetes thing for a year now.

Comment

Happy milestones to you and Shadow! Love fun updates. Wishing him many more birthdays, 'founder' days and years of living the 'sweet' life!
                          Holli & Decker // diagnosed November 5th, 2011 // Journeyed to the bridge January 26th, 2013, surrounded by his family at home // 9 years old // Levemir insulin // Hypothyroid // C1-C5 cervical spinal lesion // weight 87 lbs // Run with the wind my sweet boy. Run pain free. Holding you close in my heart till we meet again!

Comment

great update

isnt amazing how time fly's you settle into a routine and it becomes a new normal

thata allot of milestones thumbs up to all of them keep up the good work
                            Jesse-26 lbs - 16.5 years old ,11 years diabetic, one meal a day homemade and a vitabone snack . 3 shots of Novolin( under the Relion name ) a day . Total insulin for a 24 hour period is 6.5 units of NPH insulin .
                            Jesse earned her wings on 6/21/2021

Comment

Happy Birthday Shadow! I'm so glad things have settled into a routine. That is what is supposed to happen!
                              Jenny: 6/6/2000 - 11/10/2014 She lived with diabetes and cushings for 3 1/2 years. She was one of a kind and we miss her.

Comment

Thank you all for the birthday and well wishes!

Yep, all these milestones follow Jan/Feb/Mar LOL

You are so right, routine is what it has become...and lest WE ever forget what the daily routine is, he is quick to remind us when it is breakfast and dinner time...

Comment

Working...
                                X