Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum

Go Back   Diabetes in Dogs: The k9diabetes.com Forum > Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog

Diabetes Discussion: Your Dog Anything related to your diabetic dog.

Old 09-02-2013, 06:57 AM

Default Re: My Dog Pip is an Angel 08.30.13...

Been gone for a while and I logged in to find out Pip has passed....I am so very sorry for your loss. Your care, love and determination over the years are a true testament to your love for Pip...Be assured that he will always remain in your heart and the hearts of all of us who are struggling with this nasty disease. I know in my heart that one day we will be greeted by our fur children.....how could we not be, heaven is full of pups playing, running and waiting for the day when their master will see them with open arms....now THAT'S heaven!
Jim/Marijane & Spirit, Newfoundland, born Dec 22, 2007, 115lbs. DX Oct. 2011, 18.5 units Humulin 2x per day. Hills WD kibble, Hills WD can made into gravy, boiled chicken. Spirit passed on June 9, 2016 and it had nothing to do with diabetes.....farewell my buddy.

Last edited by jim maceri; 09-02-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:43 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. Run free little Pip...

Carol
Old 09-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Founding Member

Oh Pam, I couldn't write, I'm crying, You and Pip, I know you feel a big hole in your heart, I feel like a statue frozen. I'm sitting here I feel your pain. You and Lil Pip, a sister and her doggie, I know you feel lost. Pam, for once I can't speak.

Love,
Dolly and Angel Niki

When God had made the earth and sky
the flowers and the trees,
He then made all the animals
the fish, the birds and bees.

And when at last He'd finished
not one was quite the same.
He said, "I'll walk this world of mine
and give each one a name."

And so He traveled far and wide
and everywhere He went,
a little creature followed Him
until it's strength was spent.

When all were named upon the earth
and in the sky and sea,
the little creature said, "Dear Lord,
there's not one left for me."

Kindly the Father said to him,
"I've left you to the end.
I've turned my own name back to front
and called you dog, My friend."

Author Unknown
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday
Old 09-03-2013, 11:38 AM

Thank you again to everyone for their well wishes. Dolly, if it were not for people like you and the folks on this forum - I don't know where I would be right now. There's a kind of collective embrace here, you know what I mean?

I feel so much for the folks here - you have all been a blessing. Dolly, I will get on facebook because I don't want to lose track of you!

Pam
Old 09-03-2013, 11:51 AM
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgcor View Post
Thank you again to everyone for their well wishes. Dolly, if it were not for people like you and the folks on this forum - I don't know where I would be right now. There's a kind of collective embrace here, you know what I mean?

I feel so much for the folks here - you have all been a blessing. Dolly, I will get on facebook because I don't want to lose track of you!

Pam
I know what you mean, you can feel it. I want to keep in touch, all of our crazy posts over the years, you always made me laugh as you put things so well, its been a long time of conversations.

Love ya Pam
Dolly & Niki passed 2010, 45 lb Border Collie Mix 8 yrs as diabetic, 13yrs old. Blind N 10.5 U 2 X * Dog is God spelled backwards*If there are no dogs in Heaven then when I die I want to go where they went. Niki's food Orijen & Turkey & Gr. Beans, See you at the bridge my beloved & cherished Niki, I miss you everyday
Old 09-03-2013, 02:56 PM

I'm so very sorry for your loss.
Zoe: 12 yr old Black Lab/shepherd mix. Diagnosed 6/1/11. Currently on 15 units Novolin NPH 2x day, and hopefully as close to regulated as possible. Feeding merrick Grain Free Salmon and Sweet Potato. Weight 63lbs.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Senior Member and Moderator

How are you doing Pam?
Old 09-23-2013, 07:15 AM

Yes yes - been thinking about you Pam. Remember that we are here for you...
Soaphie = 15 yr old Border/Berner mix dx 07/08. ~8.25 units a.m./p.m. vetsulin, blind/deaf. Ultra Senior, Vital Beef/Bison, Brown Rice and lots of loving. Soaphie passed on October 29, 2015. Sydney = 14.5 yr old Aussie/Shar Pei mix dx 11/10. NPH-varies w/ predinisone a.m./p.m., blind/deaf. Sydney passed on June 3, 2014.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:47 AM

Oh dear Pam
I come here so infrequently and just saw your post about the passing of your Pip.

What immediately came to mind was when the 2 of us were ready to run for the hills, completely overwhelmed by the challenges that diabetes threw at us and frustrated because we just could not get the hang of that darn testing.

You and Pip fought such a valiant and difficult battle and to your credit, despite all his medical challenges, your boy lived a longer life that many would have expected. Know that your boy is now running pain free and I know in my heart that Pip, just like our many other furry friends at the Rainbow bridge, are looking down on us with a smile.

I know the pain well that you are feeling right now and I really feel for you. I am sending you a great big virtual hug.

Take good care of yourself

Louise
Old 09-24-2013, 06:20 AM

I'm so sad to read about the Pips passing, I haven't been on in a little while and it seems that so many furbabies have lost their battle. Take care of yourself!